Chapter 5

Stiles! Obviously. :)

I decide to go to Jesse's for a bit while I wait for the pack to get out of school. Mostly to apologize for overreacting the last time. I go in and see him working on the jeep.

"Hey, Jesse." I say, surprising him. He hits his head on the hood of the jeep and comes out rubbing his head. I smile sheepishly at him.

"Luka. Hey. I wasn't expecting you here today." He says, frowning.

"Yeah... Hey, listen, about before, I'm sorry. I overreacted." I say, scratching the back of my head nervously. He smiles at me.

"It's fine. I asked something I shouldn't have. It was my own fault, I should have known you'd react that way. It was too personal of a question." He says.

"Yeah, but still, I didn't have to snap at you like that." I say.

"It's fine, Luka. I wasn't really expecting you to answer me. Granted, I wasn't expecting you to storm off like that, but what can you do?" He says. I sigh. "Did I say something wrong?" He asks.

"No. It's just. She's trying to get me to forgive her." I say. He frowns.

"You're close to giving in, aren't you?" He says. I shake my head.

"Of course not. But it is taking its toll on me." I say honestly.

"Tell her to take a hike." He says.

"I tried. But... She doesn't listen." I say.

"Of course not. Just threaten to have a restraining order put on her or something." He says.

"I don't really want for it to go that far." I say. He sighs.

"You're too nice sometimes, you know that? I think that's part of the problem." He says, and I scowl. He raises his hands in surrender. "Do you want me to see if I can get her to leave you alone?" He asks. I shake my head. The last thing I need is for him to get involved in this.

"No, I'll think of something." I say. He nods.

"Oh, hey, by the way, I was thinking. Stiles thinks that you should start dating again?" He asks. I nod.

"Yeah, so?" I ask, wondering where he was going with this.

"Well, while you were at college, I met a girl. I didn't date her, she was just a friend to me. But I think that you would like her." He says. I sigh.

"Look, Jesse, I appreciate what you're trying to do, but I-" I say.

"Look, just think about it, okay? You don't have to decide right now. Her name is Camille. She said that I could give you her number. No pressure, or anything. I was just thinking that you'd like her, and she'd like you." He says, handing me a piece of paper with a number on it. I sigh and take it.

"Okay. I'll think about it." I say.

"It might also get Elena off your back." He says.

"Doubtful." I say. He grins.

"Yeah, you're right. But hey, can't help but hope, right?" He says. I laugh.

"Yeah." I say.

"I just want you to be happy, Luka. I know you don't believe me, but it's true." He says, looking sadly at me. I sigh. Someone comes up behind me and taps my shoulder. Caught off guard, I jump and swing my arm, hitting whoever it is in the face.

"Ow. Okay, that was mostly my fault. I should have said something." A male voice says. Jesse chuckles. I turn around to see Jesse's dad. He grins at me.