Chapter 3

I don't remember the last time I was in Max's apartment. It felt like a whole new place. It's a really big apartment, well actually it's a loft. Max's dog Beanie comes running toward me. "Beanie!" I greet the little yorkie pup. I missed Beanie a lot. "Beanie missed you." Max throws his keys onto the table. Beanie licks my face and I chuckle. "Do you need help bringing up the boxes?" I asked Max. "Nah, I got it. Make yourself at home." He smirks and leaves.

I look around and I see pictures of me, Max, and Desiree. I looked so happy, I let out a little smile. I miss those days. I go upstairs and go to the guest bedroom. I throw myself onto the bed. The bed is so comfortable it's like sleeping on clouds. "You made yourself at home yet?" Max stands by the door. "Mhmm." I murmur. He chuckles and puts down some boxes. I stand up and take out the clothes and start putting them into the closet. I find my mom's sweater, her favorite sweater. I take the sweater and hug it. It was so soft and delicate,and it still smells like her. A tear escapes my eye. I put it back into the box folded neatly. I finish putting the rest of the clothes into the closet. Max comes with the last box. "Last one. Do you need help unpacking?" I look at him and shake my head. "Ok. Do you want take out tonight?"

I nodded, " The usual, please." Max smirks, "Ok. I will be back soon." He leaves the room.

I look back at my mom's sweater. I remember when she always wore it, and whenever she hugged me, I felt warm inside. Now since she's gone, I try to preserve it. I don't let anyone touch it or wear it. I don't even wear it.

I never knew my dad because he died before I was born. It was just my mom and I. It was hard to grow up without a father. I could just imagine how much easier it would've been. My mom wouldn't have to work so hard and I wouldn't have to see her pretending that everything is alright. I wish I at least had a sibling... So I wouldn't feel so alone.

By the time I unpack the rest of the boxes, Max came back with take out. "Carrie! Dinner!" Max hollered from the kitchen. "Coming!" I walk down the stairs and I smell orange chicken and Mongolian beef. I sit across from Max at the table. "Dig in!" Max grabs forks and gives one to me. "Thanks" I take the fork and help myself with a little bit of everything.

After we ate, I flopped on the couch, "I'm so full." Max flops down next to me, "Me too." I turn on the TV and The Notebook lit up on the screen. "I love this movie." I confessed. Max looks at me and back to the TV. "I don't think I've seen this movie." I look at Max in shock. "YOU NEVER SEEN THIS MOVIE!? Oh it's a classic. It's romance so I guess that explains why you never seen it before." Max chuckles, "I love romantic movies." I try not to blush and make things awkward, "Well, you will love this one for sure!"

**********

I some how wake up in my bed. How did I get here? I thought I was watching a movie. Where's Max? I get out of bed and walk down to the kitchen. I see Max making breakfast, "morning sleepy head." I rub my eyes, "what happened?" Max chuckles, "You fell asleep during the movie. I took you upstairs." "Oh sorry." I apologize. "Nah it's ok. You look so calm and peaceful when you sleep, I didn't want to wake you up." Max smiles. I smile back and sit down at the table. "What's for breakfast?" I asked. "Waffles." Max gives me a plate with a golden brown waffle. "This looks really good. You don't have to cook for me. I should be cooking for you." Max rolls his eyes playfully and sighs. "Oh, Carrie." 

I finish my waffle and Max had to leave for work. I clean up a little bit. I decided to go for a nice walk outside. I leave the loft and I take a deep breath, in and out, in and out. I watch the trees dance in the wind. The skies were clear blue. I remember when I was a little girl my mom always used to take me on long walks on the beach. I start walking toward the beach by Max's place. He has a private entrance to the beach. I smell the salty air and feel the cool breeze run through my hair. I ran down the dune onto the beach. I feel like a kid again. I smile and keep running. I through my hands up in the air. I felt like I was flying. I missed this feeling so much. I feel happy, free, and most importantly, myself.

I suddenly fell over after running into something, it was a tall muscular guy. He looked around my age.He had short dirty blond hair and sun kissed skin. "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry." He offers to help me up. I take his hand and slowly get up. I was in shock, "Sorry, I should've watched where I was going." I blushed and tucked my long blond hair behind my ear. We stand there awkwardly until he breaks the silence, "I'm Noah." I shake his hand, "Carrie." 

Author's Notes:

Sorry I didn't post for such a long time! I was super busy so thanks for waiting! :) Btw Noah's pic is on the side! :)