Chapter eight

Hey I'm getting better at updating! I think...

I just realised that at the start of the book I spelt Niko as Nico so I have gone and changed it to its original spelling so this us just a heads up to all those people who would be wondering why I keep spelling his name differently lol :P

 and idk if you know how to pronounce it or not it its pronounce knee-co :) just had to clarify to anyone that has been thinking it different haha

on with the show!!

------------------

"Yes, mama. Now move, I don't need to get a cold." Marie demanded as she barged past Nico and I. I stumbled out of my daze and looked at Nico in confusion.

"Is she really Mia's mom?" I asked in a whisper as I pointed at the drench woman who was now looking around the lounge. Nico looked at me with a lost expression as he struggled to let the words come out of his mouth.

"I see you really have made a good life for yourself huh." Marie commented, drawing Nico's gaze from me to her where she lightly brushed her fingers over the plasma t.v. Nico coughed awkwardly, "Ugh, yes I have. I'm a-" Marie cut him off with a smirk, "- a wealthy business man. Definitely different to the poor boy I met when we were little kids."

"Well I have grown up Marie. Have you?" Nico asked.

HA! BURN! I though as I tried to conceal my laughter behind my hand. Marie looked at me with daggers causing me to play my laughter off with a cough.

"Who do you think you are to laugh at me servant?" Marie asked, completely dodging his question. "Be useful and get me a towel. Now!" I stared at Marie in shock.Ok I got it wrong, this woman is defintely harmful, I thought.

"Emily, " Nico said. I watched as a strained apologetic smile stretch on his face, "Can you ask Anne to get a towel for Marie?" I bit my tongue to stop myself from shouting, JUST PUSH HER OUT THE DOOR! SHE IS ALREADY WET ENOUGH!, but instead I nodded and went upstairs without looking at Marie.

"What a bitch." I muttered to myself as I got to the top. I turned around and watched as Marie strutted slowly up to Nico, saying something I couldn't hear. My eyes dropped to the ground just as she stood in front of him.

"I cant watch this." I whispered before turning away and walking towards Mia's room. How is it that I have only known him for a couple of days and I have already got a crush on him? A crush that will never be returned because not only am I minor but also the fact that he didn't move a muscle as Marie walked towards him shows I truly have no chance.

Coming to Mia's door, I took a deep breath in before opening the door to see that Anne was softly singing a lullaby to a sleeping Mia.

"How long has she been out?" I whispered as I came to stand next to Anne. I looked down to Mia and couldn't help but notice the similarity's she has to her mother; Her lips, her eyebrows, her chin, all the same.

"Not long, I heard the front door open and close, did Nico leave? The weather is too horrible to be outside." Anne stated as she folder a item of Mia's clothes.

I shook my head and sighed. "Nico didn't leave, but I wish that she would."

"She? Who she?" Anne asked confused.

I looked at Mia sadly before replying, " this angels mother."

"Her Ma? Marie?" Anne shocked. When I nodded, Anne gasped and grabbed my arm and pulled my out of Mia's room, closing the door behind her softly.