Roof Top Love: Some Girl

Hayden's P.O.V.

Abbie laughed loudly, too loudly really, as some cute boys passed by our picnic table. Her eyes remained small slights as she cackled away, but once they'd past she opened them again, and calmed herself. Then looked at us, "Did they look at me?" she asked Lora, Jess, and I.

"Yeah," Lora said, "they looked straight at you."

"The whole park looked at you." I said, swirling my salad around with my fork, "You were laughing like an insane person."

Abbie groaned and put her head on the table, "Was it really that bad?" she asked.

I tucked a strand of my caramel hair behind my ear and Jess fought back a giggle, "Well..."

"I always over do the laugh, why do I do that?" She wondered sitting up and looking at us for help. 

"Listen," I told her, with a slight hint of a joke in my voice, "your going about the whole boy thing all wrong. Watch this." I said whipping my hands of a napkin and standing up.

"Oh, dear Lord..." Lora said to herself as I scanned the park for good looking young men. "Hayden, sit down." She hissed, but I ignored her. There were certainly some cute ones, but I couldn't pick so instead I just moved my plate from the table and stood up there myself. 

"Alright, boys!" I said loudly and everyone turned to look, "Line up!" I gestered infront of me. No one moved, no one spoke, everyone just stared at me. "Come on." I said. 

I turned when someone let out a small deep laugh. He was a tall boy, wide shoulders and long, strong arms. He was the first to come stand in front of me. Like the leader he looked like he gave everyone else a look and all the other guys chuckled and joined him in a nice straight line. There was about twenty of them. 

"Oh my god." Jess whispered. "She's freaking insane."

I don't think I have this kind of control over them because I'm like unbelievably beautiful or anything, it was confidence. I don't really have it, I just pretend like I do, and everyone loves it. They can only take it for short amounts of time though, I don't have to be like that with my real friends. 

I gave the first boy a flirt-ish smile, and held out my hand to him. He took it and helped me down off the table, "Thank you." I chimed. "Okay, listen up." I went to stand behind Abbie as her cheeks turned red and her shoulders started to hunch, as if she was trying to hide from this. "This is my friend Abbie--she's sixteen, she's really cute." I played with a strand of her hair. "Which one of you will buy her a rose?" I gestured to the stand of flowers on the other side of the park.

All the boys looked around at each other and then slowly some of them began to raise their hands. My eyes narrowed on a few of the boys whose hands remained by their sides. 

"I have a girlfriend." One said. I waved him to step out of line.

"I'm gay." I waved him away too.

"I don't like short girls." The tallest of them all at the end said when my questioning gaze caught him. 

"Be gone with you then." I said, "You, and your big feet are making us all nervous." I said. I, like my friend, was short, but I was a little nervous making this comment because unlike other short girls my feet were quiet big. He just shrugged it off and left the line. "Alright, Abbie. Take your pick." I said, wandering aimlessly in the other direction to give her space. I saw her stand of out the corner of my eye, and walked to the boy shyly. 

Just then I caught sight of a blond boy, who look only a few years older than us standing leaned up against a tree, eating his ice cream quietly. He was wearing sunglasses and a SWAG hat backwards. I scoffed as I approached him slowly.