Chapter seven: Emma

"No way," I snap angrily and throw the map back down on the table in front of Jordan. She glares at me, and slides the map back to me, "Thats a suicide mission, and I actually plan on living a bit longer."

"You're smart, Emma," Dean says and taps the table impatiently, "You'll be just fine, and if you follow our instructions, you'll be in and out."

"And you're getting paid more for such a high risk thing," Jordan reminds me, and grins a little. I scowl a little and grab the map again.

Jordan had an admittedly brilliant idea, but I just didn't want to be the one to execute it. The president is supposed to be at the site of the explosion today, helping the workers and officials with plans of fixing the train and fixing the mess I made yesterday. Jordan wants me to set off a small explosion near the train, to get the few guards attention away from me and for everyone to focus on that. I sneak in, and destroy whatever is inside the small tent located on the site, and then escape, unseen.

I like the idea, but its interacting way too close to people. So many things could go wrong, and I'll be in the Capitals holding cells, once again. Its a place I never wanted to visit again.

"Can I still put my signature?" I inquire, setting the paper back down.

Dean grins at me, "We're betting on it. We have to let the president know who did it, enrage him a little more."

"And effectively putting an even higher price on my head," I sigh and close my eyes, rubbing my temples, "I'll do it, but you have to send me with protection. I won't go in there and put complete faith in her plan."

Jordan shoots me a look. Our relationship in the short amount of time hasn't improved at all, its almost fun messing with her now. I had a small amount of respect for her, being able to set up an almost full proof plan in such a short amount of time.

"Of course," Dean says, and reaches behind him. He had me two knives, completely clean, looking like they've never been used before. Each had a small strap on them, so I could connect it to either my upper arm or my ankle. I also could connect them to my belt loops, which would be nice.

"You can keep them too," Dean adds as I grab the knives from him, marveling at the sharpness of them. With my luck, I'd end up stabbing myself with them instead of someone else, "Part of your payment."

"I'm going to stab myself with them," I grumble, "Isn't there a cover for them?"

Jordan, this time, reaches behind her and hands me two small covers, also with connectors. Feeling much better, I sheath the knives and connect them to my belt loops. Easy access, in case I get caught.

Feeling a little better, I still have one necessity, "I also want something to protect my identity."

If someone caught me, my identity would be out for all the city to know. The government has kept me a secret, not letting them know my name or my appearance. If they caught me, I'd be put on the news, and my parents would see me as a traitor. Noah would see me as a traitor.

In a way I am a traitor, I guess.

Jordan hands me a cloth black mask with a mouth hole and eye holes. I grab it from her and nod my head.

"I'm in."

~.~ ~.~ ~.~

Thats how I found myself once again squatting in the same position as the day before, clenching a small bomb than the one from yesterday against my chest. My heart was beating rapidly in my chest, and I was considering chickening out.

"Just get it over with," I mumbled to myself, and pulled the mask over my face. I didn't like it. It was almost suffocating, but I needed to protect my identity.