Chapter fifteen: A night with her

For many days, the academy's high-ranking warriors had been assigned to travel other lands of the Enchanted world to prepare for another sudden attack of the Devastrigon. Many weeks later, we got a lot of improvement in our training. Too many sweats and breaths were required for our it. But on the bright side, I had a great sleep somehow.

During our five-week training, we worked hard to enhance ourselves. Thanks to our fast-learning ability, we made progress in every step accordingly. I sure hope we didn't somehow make mistakes.

Monday: We've been taught instant blocking and counterattacks. The hardest part? When we were taught about six ancient Flash warrior martial arts: Kuái-Gónji- Block and attack, Shíyóng-mófa- Using your magic energy to strengthen or enhance yourself, Yidóng- Learning parkour, gymnastic martial arts, and enhanced reflexes, Pankration- Wrestling techniques and hand-to-hand combat (Victor was impressive demonstrating this), Mushin- mental martial arts for our mind to be concentrated in its normal state, and lastly, Shéng-Xinxhén- Making your spirit manipulate your magic together with your physical state. Time passed by as we did every movement to train ourselves. I even grew abs!

Tuesday: Thanks to our martial arts training, Claes knew how to train his students with weapons. The amazing and scary part was having a sparring moment with all the neiyads and against each other. In sparring, Chloriette was evading like the wind, Lenard parried with great force as if he knew how to handle this on his own, Victor fought like a gladiator, always focusing on offense and counter. While I, unlike the others, am acting so unpredictable, attacking and defending myself from every attack and blasting them long range with my bow and arrows. I didn't know why, but I could predict where they will strike next due to their movements.

Wednesday: Despite my five-week training, I'm still wondering about my complicated self. Victor improved his physical magic if you know what I mean. Lenard sucked in too much knowledge, reciting science and a bunch of spells, I think. Chloriette kept practicing her tone, even humming works. What about me? I still had no clue what my magic is capable of. Here were the things I only knew at least about my magic: I can shoot very deadly energy blasts, I'm fast as if I'm teleporting (At least I know how to catch up if I have a date. Wink, wink)

Thursday: Monster taming, Urgh! This was so difficult; I couldn't take it. Claes brought elite creatures such as griffins, pegasi, unicorns, and other amazing creatures that were so hard to tame. Lenard was feeding a D'vour, a gigantic chomper plant with seeds. "Hey, I think it likes me!" Lenard smiled at us. Suddenly, he was eaten.

"Yeah, I think he does," Victor said. The three of us rushed towards the plant to rescue our friend. Even Claes spat his juice and came to help. "Crap!" he yelled. I remembered what my father taught me. "Hunters always have great skills in taming every animal in his surroundings. Always remember this, my son. To tame an animal, do not force them to follow you, you have to show trust. With trust, it will follow and guide you everywhere while needing one another." I let myself relax and let it flow. No panicking, no worries. About a few days, I shared good communication with the other beasts as if we're friends. Ha, take that monster taming lessons, I beat you!

We also had a few and simple lessons to remember from Claes, he was a very good mentor. "Well, recruits," he said. "Your training has enhanced you. You all showed how capable you are in any kind of environment Equadaux has given. You have proven yourselves worthy enough to handle every journey as a Flash warrior. Great job." But I could still see the worry in his eyes.

" But I could still see the worry in his eyes