Cup of Sugar (Skydoesminecraft) Chapter 18

The seats in the plane weren't as comfortable as I'd like them to be. I was hoping to sleep because of the early morning I had experienced today. I had to get up at 4:30 to get on the plane in time, and my mom wanted me to get going as soon as I could because the traffic and wait time was unpredictable.

I yawned as I shifted in the seat, attempting to find a position for a nap. I looked over to my side to see passengers lay their head back on the head rest, closing their eyes. The plane hadn't even took off yet, and they were yearning for sleep already. I couldn't quite blame them, though. My eyes were begging to be closed, becoming a heavy weight.

"There is a technical problem at the moment. We will take off in ten or more short minutes, sorry for any inconvenience." A pleasant voice softly announced.

I leaned my head back on my own headrest, looking up at the few buttons above me. I reached up to turn the air conditioning away from me, feeling chilly. I clicked the light on, then decided that I didn't want anything shined on my face while I was trying to rest. I shut it off and let my arm rest on the bar connected to the seat, designed for exactly that.

I yawned once again. Sky at first insisted on coming even though I protested that this was the sort of thing that I should deal with alone. He explained that New York could be dangerous, although I believed that it was just as dangerous back home. Mom was also soon beginning to regret letting me go off on a plane, alone, especially to see the man that cheated on her. That was why she rushed me to get out as soon as possible before she changed her mind.

Since I usually experienced motion sickness, I took two pills for the trek to New York. One of the syptoms of it was drowsiness, so I often fell asleep when I took it. That would be just fine on the flight, except I could miss the salty peanuts and drinks when the flight attendant came around with their carts. I was hungry because of the little breakfast I had consumed, so I was craving them already.

Dawn hadn't bothered either me or Sky ever since the prom and my little scene, so that was... good. Although, I wasn't entirely convinced that she would just go away like that. After all, she was the one that broke up with Sky, not the other way around. She was capable of dragging Sky back in while I was gone. I was surprised at myself for not thinking about that, even when I was talking to him about my trip. Man, I can be smart sometimes, but an idiot at other times.

My eyes were halfway shut, ready to close and hit the hay. Something was holding me back from doing that, though.

I was way too stressed about what it'd be like when I met that brunette woman again. I didn't even know her name, where she came from, how long the relationship between her and my father had been going on or when they had even met. I definitely had to get some answers when I get there. Did he honestly think that he could just forget about his family, just like that? It wasn't as simple as that. Of course we would go to him.

Luckily, my mom found a small slip of paper on the ground in their room. My father had probably dropped it on his way out.

It contained the address of where he was going to live with the brunette woman. In fact, I had it right now.

I pulled it out of my coat's pocket and smoothed it out against my pant leg and read the faded pencil scribbles.

Margary Ave., 21C.

The '21C' part suggested that he was living in an apartment. That gave me the mental image of a metal stairway leading up to a window of their home. They were in the same position on their own cheap couch, crushing their lips against each other. I shuddered in disgust, unable to think of my father kissing any woman other than my mother. In fact, it was a terrible image of my father kissing anyone. It made me feel uncomfortable.