CHAPTER 3.

Kang Shin Woo P.O.V.

‘Good morning.’ I greeted myself as I walked into the kitchen. As usual there wasn’t anyone awake yet and I would prepare breakfast for myself first. To be honest, it was sad that auntie wasn’t here anymore to prepare my breakfast. It was a great help to be and for some reason the taste was always better. But I guess that was an ‘old woman’ thingy.

            ‘Good morning.’ greeted Jeremy as he came walking in with a sleepy face when I just started to eat my cereals that I prepared.

            ‘Good morning.’ I greeted him back.

After Jeremy, Tae Kyung came walking in and after him it was manager Ma who came walking in. I didn’t know why he ate her every single day, but it was quite interesting to look at his expressions. And he also knew how to fill up awkward silences.

            It took a long time for Go Mi Nam to wake up too as he walked off the stairs with sleepy eyes and still wearing his pyjama’s. Ignoring everyone and grabbing a glass of milk. It wasn’t like we disliked him. We were just not getting along with each other. And he also had started something with Yoo He Yi. Not the kind of girl that I liked, but she had started to behave better ever since she ‘broke up’ with Tae Kyung. Probably because she was the one getting attention right now instead of asking for it. I guess she just loved being in such a position.

            ‘What are you going to do today, Mi Nam?’ asked Jeremy.

            ‘The director wants me to come and greet the songwriter, but I don’t feel like it. Is there someone who wants to take over? I have something else to do so...’

            I didn’t want to, but I knew that Go Mi Nam just wouldn’t go when he didn’t feel like it.

            ‘I’ll go.’ said Jeremy. ‘I want to meet this songwriter.’

            ‘I am coming with you.’ I said.

            ‘Really? That would be awesome Shin Woo-hyung.’

It was for me an opportunity to get to know the songwriter and leave a good impression of myself. I didn’t want to scare the guy the minute he would come walking in.

            We finished our breakfast, cleaned everything and decided to go to the studio. We took the van and let the driver drive us there.

            ‘Aren’t you excited? I am very excited. I want to meet the person who is going to live with us.’

            ‘Maybe we have to check up if he really is a guy.’ I joked.

Jeremy took it too serious.

            ‘How big is the chance that there will be someone else infiltrating our group as a girl acting like a guy? That chance is like one in a million.’

            ‘Jeremy, I was just joking.’

            ‘Oh.’

I smiled and looked out of the window. Following the pattern of the road that we were riding on.

            ‘We are here.’ said Manager Ma who also had decided on coming with us. Probably because Go Mi Nam wanted to be alone with Yoo He Yi and I think manager Ma sensed that and decided to come with us because he was our manager now too.

            We get out of the van and the minute we stepped out of it, we were surrounded by screaming girls that were begging for our autograph and our attention. Something they got once in a while. To be honest, it surprised me that, after all this time, they were still sitting here and followed us whenever we came here. It surprised me that they would give up their high school period because of some random boy-band that everyone liked.

            ‘Look it’s A.N.JELL!’ shouted one of the girls as we walked in.

We came into the building, and the peace had returned. We walked towards the office of the director where our new songwriter would be waiting. I was curious to meet this guy who would write our new songs. And I was curious how he looked like. It wasn’t something small that he would come live with us. That’s wasn’t something ordinary.

            ‘Good morning A.N.JELL!’ shouted the director as we came walking in.

Jeremy and I immediately searched for a face and when we saw it... we were probably disappointed. Well... let us just say that is wasn’t what we expected. We expected a glamorous guy with probably glasses and a guitar on his back, but this guy didn’t meet our expectations. He was wearing a cap and a huge sweatshirt that didn’t gave free any muscles. Beneath that he wore skinny jeans that showed his really thin legs that didn’t have any muscles . Beneath that sneakers that wear totally worn out. This guy was a complete nerd. The only thing he did have were the glasses that hid his face completely as he was looking at the ground. When we came up, he looked up a little and immediately hid his face again.

            ‘Meet Jong Shi Wing, you guys.’ said the director. He was obviously hiding his disappointment but both Jeremy and I could sense that he was really disappointed about this. He expected probably someone who would like to receive a lot of attention. This person was obviously not what he expected.

            Jong Shi Wing stood up and bowed for us, he didn’t speak and that made the director feel uncomfortable.

            ‘You guys can bring him to the house, if you like. Help him a little, show him the piano, those kind of things.’

            The director turned himself to the songwriter.

            ‘You are going to sleep in the same room as Shin Woo, is that alright?’

He looked up from his glasses again, a little afraid. But before he could speak up, he got interrupted.

            ‘So, let’s make the best out of this.’ said the director as he grabbed the hand of Jong Shi Wing and shook it with a lot of power after that he left the room and manager Ma followed him. Obviously trying to avoid the awkward situation that we were having right now.

            I was the first one who walked up to him and offered him my hand.

            ‘I’m Shin Woo, let’s work together from now on.’ I said while I tried to put on a smile that would make this little guy feel comfortable. And he really was small... he only reached to my shoulders.

            He accepted my hand and shook it softly.    

            ‘And I am Jeremy.’ said Jeremy as he jumped towards us and also offered his hand to Jong Shi Wing.

            Jong Shi Wing also accepted his hand, but he shook it doubtfully. I think he really wasn’t used to noise or people that tried to make contact with him the way that Jeremy did. I think he wasn’t used to people at all.

            ‘Let’s go back to the house and there you can meet the rest of A.N.JELL.’ said Jeremy.

He nodded and followed us as we left the office and walked towards the van. And as we came outside, we got followed again by screaming girls who didn’t even seem to notice the little guy that was following us as a shadow. I sometimes even forgot him as I was walking to the van.