CHAPTER 12.

Kang Shin Woo P.O.V.

            ‘It might be for the best to cut off your hair, don’t you think?’ I said to her as we were sitting in the car.

            She only nodded, she didn’t really looked happy about it but still didn’t complain. She stared out of the window, avoiding my face or the road in front of us. I felt a little guilty saying that she should cut off her hair.

            ‘But if you really don’t want to...’ I said because I didn’t want to force her into anything what would made her regret promising all those things to me.

            ‘I’ll do it!’ she said suddenly with a louder voice. ‘I promised you that I would do that for you. I shouldn’t complain and just act like I am told. No coming back from my words.’ she said, turning herself to me and showing a smile.

            ‘But still, isn’t cutting off your hair a little painful?’

            ‘It’s not like anyone is seeing it now.’ she mumbled.

She had a point there. Her hair was covered up in a cap and no one had seen it any way. Because she was obviously hiding herself.

            ‘I want to do this.’ she said.

I smiled and looked at her, she stared out of the window and was sure about what she wanted to do. She knew what she wanted.

            ‘Thank you, Shi Mi.’

She looked at me as I spaced out when I looked at her. What was wrong with me? Why was I staring at her like this?

            ‘You don’t have to thank me, silly.’ she grinned.

I stopped staring and looked at the road in front of me, going to the best hairdresser that I knew, the one I heard a lot about. It would be weird if I went to my own hairdresser with a girl like this, obviously hiding the fact now that she was a girl.

            On our way to the hairdresser, we barely spoke. We remained quiet but it wasn’t something awkward, it actually felt a little peaceful. She looked at the road in front of her and sometimes I caught her looking at me too. Most of the time I also looked at the road in front of me, but I couldn’t help myself but to look at her expression sometimes too. It was funny to look at her because she had a very honest expression.

            ‘We’re here.’ I said as I drove up the parking lot in front of the small building.

I stopped the car and we stepped out. She looked at the building and smiled carefully.

            ‘Let’s go.’ I said.

I don’t know what was wrong with me, but because of the area where no one knew me anyway, I decided to grab her hand and give her some strength. Even though she said she didn’t need it from me and that she was okay with cutting her hair, I still felt a little guilty asking her to cut it off so casually. I didn’t want her to cut her hair and regret it later on, that just wouldn’t work out.

            We walked into the salon and immediately there was a hairdresser who turned himself to us and smiled brightly when he recognized me. He almost ran towards me and grabbed my hand which had been holding Shi Mi’s hand before.

            ‘Kang Shin Woo!’ shouted the hairdresser happily. ‘I can’t believe that you are actually here in my small salon. This is a miracle! I really can’t believe it!’ he ranted.