Part 1/3

Melinda forced her gloss coated lips into a smile as another stranger complimented her on her shimmering, golden dress before attempting to start a conversation with her parents.

When the parvenu couple accomplished to hold small talk with her parents, she flipped her light brown, sunkissed hair behind her shoulder as she escaped the small circle. Her heels clicked against the polished floor as she made her way into the lobby of the Intercontinental hotel in New York City.

The embellished area had more guests dressed in gowns and tuxedos for the event that was being held in the ballroom. This was another one of the many pointless events that happened in Melinda's life. Her parents owned a place in The Hamptons, which was the richest seaside resort on Long Island. That's why she recognized almost all of the people here—they all had one thing in common: high position. 

She didn't allow herself to get too attracted to the glam life so these parties and events were nothing special. She was accustomed to them and they got quite boring

"Melinda!" A familiar, deep voice called from behind her. She looked back into one of the hallways that branched out into the hotel and saw a boy just above her height, with chocolate brown almond eyes make her way towards her. 

The boy smiled. "I got it," he stated as he lifted his other hand up. There was a small card and key twirling in his hand indicating that he had gotten a room. 

Melinda nodded slightly before pursing her sparkling lips together. She scanned the area and saw her father standing behind one of the tall vases that carried fake plants with leafs bigger than a dining plate. She smiled sweetly at him, knowing that he was watching her. Standing next to him was her younger sister, Mia. "Mia!" Melinda waved for her to come over. This loosened her dad's posture as he nodded toward her little sister for approval and escorted their mother into the ballroom. 

While Mia was making her way to them, Melinda quickly turned to her friend. "You're a life saver, Madison. Thank you." She turned around and found herself looking into her sister's hazel green eyes. "I need you to keep mom and dad busy." She ordered before scanning the area with her own irises for a dark haired person. 

Mia narrowed her eyes before they softened. "Please don't tell me you're looking for Mikey," she sighed. 

These parties did get overrated for Melinda but one thing didn't: Mikey Fusco. 
He was your typical gorgeous, rich boy. He stood mid-tall with his dark hair and dark, brown eyes. He was an ass, yes. Her parents had realized it and soon forbid her to see him. But he was also Madison's bestfriend. And Melinda still kept their affair; it was a secret and it had to stay that way. She loved him, he loved her. It was the typical Romeo and Juliet situation, except no one would commit themselves to a tragic death at the end. She had found a way to be with him and if sneaking around was the answer to their problems, then that was what she had to do. Her sister didn't understand.

"Why risk it all for a guy?" Mia asked. Before she could say another word, Melinda cut her off. 

"Because I love him!" She snapped. A bitter, soft laugh escaped her lips. "Look, could you not judge my relationship with him?" She turned her eyes toward the entrance to the ballroom before turning them back on Mia. "Just keep them busy and if they ask, tell them I'm with Mad, okay?" 

Mia looked from her sister to Madison and had no choice. "Sure, whatever," she mumbled.

Melinda nodded and then dismissed herself with Madison as they walked over to the bronze elevator doors. Once the little chime ringed in their ears and the doors had pulled apart, they stepped out into the exquisite hallway. 

"It's room 34B," Madison said, reading the plastic card that was in her hand. 

Melinda followed behind, keeping close to her as they walked underneath the admirable chandeliers that hung suspended on the ceiling with floral patterns engraved onto the walls. 
_______________

This one shot is dedicated to M3lk3y !

For the giving me an idea for the new VINNY CASTRONOVO FAN FICTION :)

There are still 2 more parts! haha.