Chapter 1: School

"Adalain! Get up! Your gonna be late for your first day of school!" My sister shouted brushing her teeth. I threw the covers off of my body and shot up so fast that I felt light headed.

Today was my first day as a junior, and to be honest, I couldn't be more nervous. Every year its the same. I stay quiet and keep to myself the whole school year. The only person I really talk to is my friend, Chloe. But I didn't plan on staying long as I wanted to go to Hawaii.

Going twords my my closet I grabbed out some simple clothes. Even though I had the option of luxury, I never really wanted it. I liked to go unnoticed.

I chose a simple white T-shirt and some Hollister shorts. I grabbed my towel off my door and walked to the bathroom.

When I walked threw the doorway I stopped and looked in the mirror. My long brown wavy hair was a mess, stopping at my hips. My hazel blue eyes looked tired and red, but I'm sure a cold shower would fix that.

My pajama button up shirt sagged off my slim body. I rolled my eyes at my appearance. Unlike other girls at my school, I wasn't a sight for sore eyes. Actually I probably caused sore eyes.

I removed my clothes and turned the shower on cold. Don't call me weird, it just, helps me wake up.

After the cold shower I put my clothes on and washed my face, brushed my teeth, and blew out my hair. I never ever straighten it. That kills my hair and it makes me look skimpy. I always wear my hair in its natural waves.

I put my square like nerd glasses on and walked out of the bathroom. It's not my fault I wasn't blessed with 20x20 vision.

I grabbed my bag full of books and my phone off of my bed.

"There she is! Oh just look at you. Adalain you look... Well... You look, boring." She exclaimed looking disappointed as I walked into the kitchen.

"Your point..." Kailani, my older sister was always prettier than me. Her chestnut brown hair stopped at her mid-back. Her eyes were the color of mines, and she had nice, long, beautiful tan legs. Her figure was perfect at every angle and curve. She was my 23 year old sister, taking care if me because my parents are always away on business. My mom is Marie Domini and my Dad is Samuel Domini. My mom is the head fashion designer at a clothing company called Bombastic, while my dad is a the owner of one of the most successful hospitals in America.

"My point, is that you look like you don't want to fit in," she retorted placing both hands on her hips. I rolled my eyes and headed for the box of Reeses Puffs on the counter. I poured the cerial into the red and black bowl and grabbed the milk out of the refrigerator.

"Adalain!" She whined. I slammed the milk down and shot her annoyed glare. "What!?"

"Calm down, I was just going to tell you that your not wearing your necklace... You know the one that-"

"Oh, I'll go get it right now." I finished pouring my milk and zoomed up stairs and into my room. I scanned the room and my eyes stopped on my white shinny jewelry box. It was a gift from my mother... My real mother. Me and Kailani were adopted. Our mom was to sick and to poor to take care of us, so she gave us up. All I know is that she was Hawaiian and had us in Hawaii. My mother, my adopted one, told me that when I was older I'd get to see her, but I never did. But that's all gonna change when I ask them if I can go and they say yes. I can't live my life with out having a memory of my mother.

I smiled to myself I as placed the gold necklace around my neck that had a hawaiian word dangling at the end that read 'ohana' which means family in hawaiian.

"BOO!" Chloe shouted grabbing my shoulders. I jumped and turned to see my best friend smiling at me.

"Oh... Hey Chloe." I mustered a smile and looked down at her outfit. She was wearing faded high waste shorts, a black short sleeve shirt with thin white stripes, and swade black stilettos. She topped her outfit off with a skinny yellow belt and diamond earrings. Her blonde hair curled inwards and stopped at her neck.