Chapter 3: Preparing for flight

"How was school sweetie?" I closed the front door and looked up to the familiar voice.

"Dad?! Mom?!" They both smiled and held there arms out indicating they want a hug. I dropped my bag and ran into there warm embrace. They hadn't been home in a month and they couldn't have come at a better. I was going to finally ask if I could go and visit my mother in Hawaii.

"It was boring and lonely, but I have a very important question to ask..." I was now looking at them through my long thick brown eyelashes. They looked as if they were having there own private conversation with there eyes. My mother sighed and ran her hand down my wavy brown hair.

"Fine, let's go talk in the living room," she nodded and I pulled away from my parents.

I ran upstairs to get Kai. I never mentioned me wanting to flee to Hawaii during the first semester of school to her. But I was almost certain that she would want to see our mother again.

"Hey, Kai. Were having a family meeting down stairs." He face shrunk in confusion.

"Family meeting? Sinse when does thus family have meetings... well together atleast?" I rolled my eyes at her question. "Just come on! Goodness!" I rolled my eyes and closed her door.

I walked back down stairs and into the living room. I plopped down happily on the white swade sofa.

Shortly Kailani came down in some navy blue soffee short and a white tank. Her hair was in a low pony tail and she had her reading glasses on.

She sat next to my parents and they all stared at me, waiting for me to start.

I cleared my throat and began. "So, lately I've been thinking a lot about my mom. And I was kind of wondering if...well... If me and Kai could go see her, in Hawaii." I said the last part low, afraid of what they were going to say.

"What? Sweetie, of corse not. Now way am I letting my daughters take a plane all the way to Hawaii by themselves." My happy expresion quickly disappeared as I registered her words. I looked over at my sister who's head was down.

"Mom! This has been my dream ever sinse you guys told me about her! Kai, your not gonna say anything?" She looked up at me, her face was flushed red and she looked hesitant to speak.

"Adalain, she was sick, she probably still is. We don't even know where she lives," she debated. "Are you people serious? You won't let me see my own mother? And my own sister won't even side with me on something like this?" Tears threatened to spill out of my eyes.

They all stayed silent. "You know what, fuck all of you. I'm going to Hawaii to see my REAL mother, weather you like it or not." I stood up and stopped upstairs to my room and slammed the door. I sat down on my pink bed and began to ball my eyes out. Was it such a crime that I wanted to see my own mother?

I heard a knock on my door and walked over to open it. My dad stood there in a black business suit with his hands in his pocket.

"Hi."

"Hey..." I opened the door allowing him to enter my room. I walked over to my bed and patted a spot next to me. He walked over to the bed and sat down. We sat in silence as he looked around my room.

My walls were pink with pictures of me, Kai, Chloe, my parents, and some childhood photos. One walls wasn't even a wall, it was a huge window that let every ounce if sunlight in my room.

"Sorry for saying what I said down stairs. I was just... So mad. Daddy, its my dream, my one wish to remember a moment with my mother. Why can't they understand?"

My dad took my glasses off of my face and wipped a stray tear from my face. He placed the glasses back in my face and his smile came into go focus.