My Girl

I was having a horrible time looking at the sight. I couldn't believe it. I knew it would happen, but not as sudden a I expected it to. Khalil had a smile on his face that made me sick to my stomach. I suddenly felt a little faint and stumbled onto the bed forcing Oreo to shuffle out of the way for me. Khalil grabbed onto my waist as he helped me get my emotions under control.

"Are you okay?" He asked still grinning.

"Uh yeah," I coughed holding onto my chest, "I'm fine."

"So, what do you say? Will you?" He inquired. I looked down at the concert tickets once more.

"Will I what? Go with you?" I questioned furrowing my eye brows.

"Yeah," he said with an even bigger smile. I took the tickets out of the velvet box to get a closer look.

Goddamn JCole tickets. I HATE JCole! This could not get any worse. Like this was literally the worst thing that could ever happen to me. No ring, which was something I wanted, but a fucking ticket to see a rapper I hated with the most burning passion.

And that wasn't even the worst part, Khalil was smiling in my face like he thought this was the most perfect anniversary gift he could've thought of. I was struggling to keep from making horrified faces, but it wasn't working. Khalil's smile turned into a disappointed frown.

"This isn't what you wanted?" He asked. Hell no it isn't what I wanted!!

"Well I don't really like JCole..." I answered softly.

"You don't?" He questioned. He sounded so clueless and so... Irritating. How did he not know that about me? How did he not know that I wanted a freaking ring?!

"No, not at all. In fact, I hate him," I replied. "I hate everything about him." His jaw fell ajar.

"I... I... I um... I'm sorry. I can get you something else..." He responded moving the tickets away from me. Yeah, A FUCKING RING!!!!

"No, it's fine. The dinner was enough," I said blandly. I was so pissed I couldn't see straight and so disappointed my heart actually hurt.

"Are we gunna have desert?" He asked beginning to kiss my neck. How could you expect to get some when you fucked up?

"I'm actually feeling kind of sea sick. Can we just go home now? We gotta get Mikey and he and I both have school tomorrow," I explained pushing him off me. I grabbed Oreo and a few of her toys and asked Khalil to grab everything else. I was so ready to go home it wasn't even funny. I really just wanted to be alone.

Trevor started up the boat and drove us back to shore. I wanted to ask to be alone, but I didn't want Khalil to get even more touchy feely like he did when I was upset. He always pried and pushed me to talk about how I felt which got pretty annoying during the times that I actually wanted to be left alone.

I'm not gunna lie, I was the kind of girl that wanted a guy to chase me and hold me no matter how many times I told him to go away and leave me alone, but there were times that I actually wanted Khalil to get the fuck out my face and leave me the fuck alone. And when Khalil didn't take the hint, it just made me angrier than I already was.

So needless to say, I sat with him in silence as we bounced across the water back to the shore. I really wanted to talk to Princeton too. I know that would be weird, but as long as I wasn't talking to Khalil I didn't care.

Normally I would want to talk to Roc, but Roc has his own things to do now with Sierra and the rest of the girls spent their time working out to fit into their dresses or partying with the boys who lived like they didn't have a care in the world. Princeton was the second one that knew me the best, so I figured why not.