Part 28: Official

"She's opening her eyes"

"Dani? Dani can you hear me?"

Did I seriously faint?

I looked around and I was on the couch.

I sat up slowly.

"Sorry about that..." I muttered.

Taehyun looked at me, worried about what had occurred.

"Dani, are feeling well?"

I nodded.

"Yeah, I felt really surprised is all. But um, everyone...can I have a moment with Taehyun... Alone" I specified.

"Yeah of course" Jinwoo said.

The others nodded.

My mom seemed to be worried at the fact I asked this but she too went with the boys and Amy outside.

I took a deep breath.

Taehyun sat next to me.

I sat sideways and held his hands.

"Taehyun...I love you. I really do but, don't you think maybe the whole marriage thing is a bit much right now?"

He searched my face then scowled.

?

"What's so rushed about it? Don't you want to be mine forever?"

"Uh...well yeah but don't you think we should wait just a little while? We just got back together and still have so much to figure out" I said.

"Yeah? Like what?" He asked.

"Like where we're going to live, the expense of the wedding. How our career's will change? There's more than just saying 'I do', I want to marry you but right now it just..."

"Dani, this is a yes or no question. Do you want to be mine or not? I can't keep playing cat and mouse with you...I love you and can't be without you. But if it isn't what you want then tell me now" he said as he pulled his hands away from me.

He isn't mad...

He isn't sad...

He's...scared.

"Taehyun, I just want to wait a little. This is a lot to take in"

"I see..." He said and looked away from me. "Then I apologize for making you feel that way. I just...forget it."

He stood up.

"Taehyun..."

I reached for him but he moved away.

"Is it because you saw Hanbin today?"

?

"Hanbin?"

"Yeah...Did you suddenly have this epiphany that he's what you want?" He asked.

"No. Of course not" I said.

"Then why are you hesitating so much? Am I not good enough? Do I still have to prove myself to you?" He looked at me.

"I'm not hesitating. I just don't think now is a good time"

"If not now then when?" He asked.

"I...I don't know"

He sighed. "In that case I have nothing to do here. I show you the vulnerable side of me, which I hate but...even when I am, you still tend to turn the other way. When you figure out what you want then I'll be here but don't take too long...I won't wait forever"