chapter 14

LOOK AT PHOTO. this is picture of what our new characters look like! shout out to all my Z nation fans!

[10k's POV]

"Megan. Megan!" I said a little louder shaking her shoulders.

she seemed to snap out of what ever it was and her eyes found their way to mine.

"what," she said coldly.

"I've been yelling at you for almost ten minutes," I said.

she scrunched her eyebrow up, "oh, um sorry. let's just go," she said.

she turned away and walked to the truck. what was all of that? what was she thinking about? I shook my head and got back in the truck and drove off down the road leaving the burnt down forest behind us.

***1 day later***

"damnit," I mumbled.

I crawled out from under the truck and looked up at Megan who was sitting on the hood.

"looks like where walking," I told her.

she sighed and jumped down and grabbed her stuff out the truck and we walked down the road. we couldn't see any thing but endless empty dead fields.

after a few hours of walking we could see a building up ahead. once we got there it looked like some sort of high school. we finally got into a small town.
I heard people talking and I waved Megan over to a smaller building and we hauled it up a ladder and onto the roof.

"stay down," I told her.

I crawled to the edge and was looking down into a parking lot. a group of people where walking out of a building in front of the lot and an old guy with long gray hair was already out side. he was leaning against a black truck and didn't see a Z coming up right behind him. I aimed my scope up and the Z was already attacking him. his friends where trying to get it off him but he was moving to much so I did them a favor and shot it saving the older man. he caught a glimpse of me before I moved down it of sight and told Megan to climb down.

"now what?" she asked.

"let's just go," I told her.

she did t argue and we continued down the road the heat on our backs. I heard a car coming up behind us and Megan readied her bow but I put my hand up to tell her to lower it. the black truck from earlier pulled next to us, another truck behind it, and the old man rolled his window down.

"was that you up on the roof?" he asked me.

I nodded my head at him.

"well shoot thanks I woulda been zombie food if it wasn't for you! you guys need a ride?" he asked.

I looked at Megan who was shaking her head no and I looked back at the older guy and nodded yes again and climbed in the back of the truck. I held my hand down to Megan who frowned at me.

"I don't bite sweat heart," the old man said.

she looked at him coldly, "I do,".

she climbed into the back of the truck with me and sat down and I stayed standing over looking over the top of the truck. I patted the side of truck saying we where ready to go and the car started moving. after a while I sat down across from Megan who was still looking at me pissed.

"what?" I asked her.

"we don't know these people!" she whispered at me.

"at least where not walking," I told her.

the little widow from the back seat inside the truck opened and a red headed girl popped her out.

"hi, I'm Addy, the old guy you already met we call him Doc, and the guy in shot gun is Mack," she greeted.

"10k," I said.

she looked at me strangely.

"long story, it's my name," I told her.

"ooh, and you?" she said looking over to Megan.

when she didn't answer I answered for her, "that's Megan, she's more fun when you get to know her," I shrugged.

Addy nodded her head and the car behind us honked and we pulled over to stop. we all jumped out but Megan remained in the truck so I went to meet the rest of the group. maybe the best thing for now is to be with a group.

"who our new friend?" a darker lady asked.

"friends actually," Addy said.

"my names 10k and over there is Megan," I pointed out.

"warren," the lady replied, "over there is Cassandra and that's Murphy,".

"did you say your name is 10k? cause that's not really a name," Doc asked.

"ya what does that mean," Addy asked.

"long story short it's how many zombies I'm going to kill," I told them.

"good luck," Murphy laughed at me.

"how many do you have," Doc asked interested.

"1537," I told them.

they all said "wow" or "whoa" but that Murphy guy just rolled his eyes.

"we have a problem?" Megan said walking up to the group looking at Murphy.

"I don't know princess do we?" he smirked looking up and down at her.

she pulled her knife from its case and I grabbed her arm and the others put a hand on their weapons.

"it's ok, everything's cool," I said starting at Megan.

she put the knife away and gripped her bow tighter making her knuckles turn white.

"easy Pocahontas," Murphy chuckled.

she went to charge him but I grabbed her right as she jumped at him and I lifted her up off her feet and turned around putting myself between her and Murphy.

"go back to the truck," I told her strongly.

she looked at Murphy and spit on the ground before turning and walking back to the truck.

"sorry, she's not very open to new people," I told them.

"well if your gonna come with us theirs some ground rules," Warren told me.

"let's hear um," I said.

"that asshole called Murphy is the savior of man kind and its up to us to get his sorry ass to California," she explained.

"hey, I'm standing right here," he said sassy like.

I looked at Murphy and back to Warren, how have did I not put it together sooner.

"are you delta X-ray delta?" I asked.

"that's us," Addy said leaning close to Mack.

"you know us?" Mack asked.

"I get that citizen Z guy on my radio sometimes and overhear your guys conversations hear and there," I shrugged.

"welcome to the club kid, but if your gonna stay you need to have a talk with your girl friend," Warren said.

"not girl friend but ya I'll talk to her..." I said.

hey guys I'm very proud to introduce the whole Z nation squad! Hope you guys like it.

>>>don't be a silent reader!<<<
VOTE
COMMENT
AND
FOLLOW:)