chapter 36

**picture of 10k+outfit**

[10k's POV]

I was jerked awake when a loud popping noise filled my ears. I had my head in Megan's lap and I sat up groaning in pain from my ribs. they felt better today but still super sore and sensitive. the truck slowly stopped and Warren climbed out of her door and cursed.

"we gotta flat tire," she frowned.

"let's get the spare?" I said.

"that is the spare..." she sighed.

for the first time in a long time we where stuck on foot. it was awfully strange leaving that black truck behind... it's been with us this entire journey. we grabbed all our things and began to walk down the paved road. I looked over to Megan and I noticed she was keeping an eye on Gavin who was weirdly quiet. I got her attention by grabbing her hand and she flinched pulling her hand away.

"sorry..." she said holding her bow up, "need two hands," she shrugged.

I nodded in agreement and sighed making my rib cage hurt. a cold breeze blew across my face and I shivered and heard Megan curse under her breath next to me.

"what is it?" I asked.

"it's December, winter is finally staring to rise," she frowned.

I looked at her clothing and she was in ripped jeans and a black an white ombré tank top. then I looked down at my self. I had goggles on top of my head, old boots, black jeans, and a shirt with a scarf wrapped around my neck. I took my scarf off and noticed Megan had put her old red flannel on, but it wasn't really thick and heat holding, I placed the old scarf around her neck and she smiled at me as she snuggled into it.

"thanks," she said.

I nodded and stared down the road. we where surrounded by tall pine trees and the road looked long and in a very far distance it turns out of my vision. we must of walked for about two hours before snow flakes started to fall. I looked over at Megan and she was nearly starting to turn blue.

"we needs to stop and make a fire," I stopped wrapping my arm around her.

her skin was like ice and she was shaking. Warren seen it and agreed to stop and make a day camp. we walked a little bit off the road into the trees and they started to get stuff for the fire. I stood next to Megan and wrapped her up and in hug to try and warm her up. snow flakes fell from my hair and slowly started to cover the ground.

"my god your freezing," I told Megan rubbing her arms.

"I-I  k-know" she shivered.

Addy ran up to us and handed me a blanket and I quickly wrapped it around her shoulders. I looked at her face and her nose was a bright red and her jaw was trembling. 10-15 minutes later we had a warm fire and I sat with Megan next to it out shoulders rubbing against each other's. I wrapped my arms around my legs and rested my head on my knee staring into the flames. I felt Megan rest her head on me and she tossed the corner of the blanket around me and I pulled it tight as we shared it. I felt Gavin's eyes on me as we sat together and was starting to get uncomfortable.

"these trees look really nice for the hammock," she said not stuttering anymore.

I nodded my head and we pulled its contents out of her bag and we set it up close to the fire so we would still feel its warmth and laid down inside. she rested her head on my arm wrapped around her and we laid the blanket on top of us.

the sky slowly turned dark and I looked around our small camp seeing everyone wrapped in a blanket sitting at the fire. everyone except Gavin.... he laid back against a tree holding his thick jacket close around him. after a while of watching him Megan pulled the blanket over our heads and I looked at her as she looked at me.

"keeps the snow off of us," she smiled.

I smiled back at her and she leaned in kissing me. we kissed or what you may call "making out"  for a while surrounded by our body heat until somebody cleared their throat next to us and I pulled the blanket over feeling all the heat leave and be replaced by coldness. Gavin stood next to the hammock and stared down at us.

"ya?" I asked.

"where all going to sleep, I have first watch," he told us and then walked away.

that was kinda pointless... as soon as he was gone Megan ripped the blanket back over us and had a worried look on her face.

"everything ok?" I asked her.

she put her finger to her lips and peeked out from under the blanket and then came back down.

"I don't think what happened to you was an accident..." she told me.

I blinked staring at her a minute.

"what are you talking about? a Z pushed the shelf then attacked you that's what you told me?" I whispered.

"that's the thing, that Z came from behind me, Addy said Gavin went in before that shelf fell, he said he went in after. I cleared that place out and that was the only Z in the entire place not to mention it wasn't near the shelf and there's no way a Z would be able to push that heavy thing over right as you just happened to be standing there," she explained.

I slowly put all the pieces together and soon anger began to spread threw my whole body.

"are you saying that Gavin is the one who tipped that shelf over?" I snarled.

"there's something else you should know.... before all of this madness... me and Gavin where a- where together..."

the plot thickens.... will Gavin make it threw the winter? remember to follow me for updates and more!! let me know in the comments what you think will happen to Gavin!

>>>don't be a silent reader!<<<
VOTE
COMMENT
AND
FOLLOW:)