Day 22: The Island pt 3

Zosia's PoV

I wake up to the soft sound of 'By The Seaside' playing on my IPhone.
I check the time.
5:45.
I get up and shake Ollie awake.
He grumbles but gets up and puts on his clothes and fills his rucksack.
I chuck on some black jeans and a black top, cloaking myself in my burgundy jacket.
I layer my face with a small amount of concealer and powder before applying my powder pink lipstick.
I grab my bag that contains two cameras - both fully charged and waterproof, a note pad, three pens of each colour: red, black and blue, my sketchbook, 5 pencils, two rubbers, a sharpener and two rulers. I chuck in my lipstick, phone and umbrella and pull the picnic basket that I generously filled last night with sandwiches, biscuits and all.
We leave the house at 6:06.
We drive down to the beach and go down to the sand.
Ollie pushes the boat into the sea with the bags and myself inside before hopping in himself and rowing out to the Island.
'I wonder if it has a name.' I sigh.
He looks at me.
'What about... Mistic Island.' He sniggers.
I hit him with my umbrella.
'Sorry.' He apologises, placing his hand on my thigh.
I smile and he keeps on rowing.
Ollie pulls the boat ashore and the cargo - our bags and myself get off dry.
Ollie whips of his waterproof trousers and we clamber up the rocks. I'm taking photos of my every step, making sure to capture the way.
I spot the entrance and take a few snaps before taking a quick sketch of it.
'I wonder if anyone's been in here before.' I say.
'Probably. It's close to the beach.' He replies.
'Good point. But what about the cave? It's not easy to find unless your looking for it.'
He shrugs his shoulders and sets up the rope again.
We slide down and I sketch the area and steps before waking up into to body of the cave.
I take photos of every corner and curve, making sure I capture every rock.
I spot something moving in the water.
'Ollie look.' I tremble.
I point to the area.
He flickers his eyes from my face and the pool.
'It's a piece of Jewellery.' He sighs.
'Yes! That's been dropped in here.' I smile.
'Or has been dropped in the ocean somewhere and washed up in here.' He says.
'What you think this is connected to the ocean?' I ask.
He nods.
'Under that rock lip. There.' He points to the opposite end of the pool.
I notice it and take multiple pictures before whipping my clothes off to reveal my black bikini.
I hop in the water.
'What on earth are you doing.' Ollie sighs.
'Chuck me your snorkel.' I demand.
He puts his old one on and chucks me the new one.
He makes sure he goes under first.
I'm in the cave by myself whilst I wait for him to come back.
I eventually see him bobbing up.
'I was right. It's a 30 second swim and you come out just by the boat!' He smiles.
I follow him out again and I check for sure.
I take photos on my camera and we swim back into the cave.
As I'm about to go back up I see the jewellery again.
I swim down and pick it up.
I meet Ollie at the pool edge.
I show him the necklace and he rolls his eyes.
'Hang on. It's a locket.' I smile, unclipping it.
It reveals a photo of a older teenage girl with a boy.
I smile looking at it.
I show it to Ollie.
'Like I said. She probably chucked it in the sea when she found out he cheated.' Ollie smirked.
'No Ollie look..'
I notice in the picture the girl has the same gem on her necklace that Ollie found for me yesterday.
His smirk changes into a flat expression.
'Hey that's the same rock.' He realises.
'Must be from here.' I certify.
'I actually think your right. Maybe someone has been in here before and maybe they know about it.' He says.
I nod smiling.
Finally, he's in on the exploration.
We dry off and I sketch the pool in detail and write out an investigation.
'Shining rock and ring when sun or moon light hits and same rock necklace as Ollie found at bottom of the pool.' I say.
'Lets go back on shore. Maybe we can talk this over coffee.' He smiles.
I nod and we leave by the land entrance.
'Oh and Ollie next time lets bring a waterproof bag and we can swim under!' I laugh.