Ch.6

Maya arrived at home to find herself alone, two days in a row. On Thursday, she found a note in her mothers room.
Maya, I'm sorry. You were just too much to handle, I had to leave. Love you. (Me two months later- This is so stereotypical for fanfics and vague, I'm embarrassed to have wrote it)
-mom
She threw it down and kicked the bed.
"No one fucking wants you here, Maya, So go away. Your alone and everyone wants to see you go away." She ran to her room, grabbing a bag and shoving in a few toiletries, an extra outfit, some money, and her blade. Then she ran. Not knowing where she was going.

(I'm so sorry, that all sounded so rushed and arghdidushdj!) proceed.
--
A week later, she hadn't found a job and was sleeping on a rooftop when she could just go home, so she did. On Monday, she returned to school.
"Maya?" Asked Cory as she left his class.
"Did you run away?"
"I couldn't stay here during that time. But I'm back."
"Please don't do that again. You had Riley and I scared and Lucas was terrified for you."
"Lucas?"
"Yep."
"I can't promise that I won't." She said right before leaving. "But thanks for caring that I was gone."
She walked out into the hallway where she saw Lucas.
"Look who's back. Did I hurt your feelings so you ran away?" That's when she decided that Cory was lying. Lucas didn't care that she was gone. It was just his little game to confuse her. "Weak, weak, Maya." He pushed her against a locker. "You shouldn't have come back." He said before turning and walking away.
"I'm done." She said to Riley. Riley walked away. Maya did not know that she was on her way to talk to Lucas. She was done. Done with it all. She walked right out of the school. Lucas saw her leave as Riley spoke to him.
She stood, waiting for the subway, fighting tears. There was no one left except for Cory and he was just her teacher. Lucas was right. She shouldn't have come back. She shouldn't even be alive. She took a few steps towards the yellow line. She saw the lights and heard the subway coming up. She was on the yellow line. It was getting close. It was about as close as possible when took her right foot and stepped forward, expecting to fall when she felt two arms wrap around her and put her away, falling back. Lucas took heavy breaths, holding her in a ball, tightly as she began to sob.
Riley started to cry also, having her fathers arms wrap around her. They had gone to Cory and told them what had happened and he was afraid that she was going to attempt suicide so they went to look for her, not expecting to find her a nano second from death.