Ch.7

Lucas placed down the sleeping girl on her bed, then stepping back to look around her room.
"Wow." Said Riley. On the wall next to her bed were three strings on different heights, flat against the wall with close pins holding photographs and drawings. Leaning against the wall across from her window was several canvas's with paintings on them leaning against each other. On the other wall, some of her work from middle school was taped in a row and then below it was many drawings from high school. On her desk was a binder, old paint brushed and the colored pencils that Cory had gotten her years ago along with a handheld pencil sharpener and some random pencils she had most likely found around the school.
"She still had these." Said Cory, lifting them up. Since it was the last class and her had no class to teach, he had gone with them to make sure she was okay.
"And there's one of her blades." Said Lucas, picking it up from where the pencils were before and slipping it in his pocket to keep from her.
"Lucas." Said Riley. He turned to look at her. She was pointing to a drawing of all four for them in a room back in middle school. Cory put her school bag in her chair. Opening it up.
"You're going through her bag?" Asked Riley. He pulled out a bottle of pills. "Oh." Lucas opened a draw to find some sleeping pills and handed them to Cory.
"Has her mom answered?" Asked Riley.
"Nope. Your mom said she hasn't been in for work in a while. I think she left Maya." Said Cory. Lucas turned around to see the girl just beginning to stir awake.
"Hey." He said, quietly.
"You stopped me." She said, flatly.
"You're welcome."
"I'm not going to thank you." She said, sitting up.
"Where's your mom, Maya?" Asked Cory.
"I don't know and why do you have my medicine?"
"So you can't kill yourself. You're gonna stay with us until we know where your mom is."
"She's not coming back. She wrote me a note saying that I was too much to handle."
"Looks like you're living with us."
"Why can't I live here?"
"Because you want to kill yourself."
"And you think that living there is going to stop me?"
"This was her fourth attempt." Said Riley.
"Four?" Yelled Lucas.
"One was an accident." She reminded them.
"Are you always trying to scare me? You get hurt, you almost die, i find out you cut, you faint, and then you try to kill yourself."
"Sorry."
"No! No, Maya. I keep saying that I'm on your side and then I'm horrible to you."
"It's okay."
"You forgive me? Just like that?"
"I know that you have a lot of pressure so yes I do. But I don't trust you."
"I'm asking you for one more chance. Just one. If I fail, never trusted me the slightest bit again."
"Two weeks. You have to prove to me that you're not a bully."
"I will. I promise. Do you promise not to commit suicide?"
"For two weeks."
"Deal."

-
A/N just some shoutouts cause I'm in liking humans mood
anatilia

sydneykc26

arianagrandebuteraa

Please actually check them out (i swear none of them asked for it) they're just active and I like their stories (actually I like basically everyones but that would be a long list)

Next chapter tomorrow

Bye