Chapter Seven

Long time, no see!

"Mom," I cooed. Tears were pooling in her eyes. Today was the day; the day I would leave, and a tour bus had just pulled up. Obviously, it was Motionless In White's.

I pulled my mother into a hug, her fingers grasped the fabric of my long black sweater. It was only one o'clock in the afternoon, and I'd already been on a rollercoaster of emotions. I didn't know what tour life was going to be like, and I hadn't even met Ricky's band members. My anxiety was building, but surprisingly, I was able to control it. I turned to Amy.

"I'll miss you," she said. Amy had tears in her eyes too.

I pulled her and my mother into a group-hug. "I'll miss you guys so, so much." I whispered.

We embraced, and I felt tears coming on. Before I had a chance to let the tears fall, there was a kock at the door. I reluctantly pulled away and before I opened the door, Amy piped up, "have fun with your boyfriend," all sense of sentiment washed from her eyes. I glared at her and she laughed. My mother only smiied, they both could tell I liked Ricky, and I knew it. I just didn't want to admit to them, or myself.

I opened the door to a smiling Ricky, "ready to go?"

"Yeah," I said, turning around to give my mother and Amy one last hug.

"Bye," I whispered to them, in fear my voice woud break. This was a very emotional time. I'd never had something this big happen since I moved away from Finland.

"Goodbye, Anna, goodbye, Amy!" Ricky called as I carried my bag out the door. We were met with their 'goodbye's' before Ricky closed the door.

"Follow me," Ricky instructed, taking my suitcase from my hands. I obliged. 

Ricky walked quickly to the trunk of the bus. Not the trailer; the trunk. He opened it, and there were eight suitcases already in there. He threw mine in and closed the trunk.

"Don't worry, they'll love you," Ricky smiled. He'd noticed how nervous I was. See, when I'm nervous, I have a problem with biting my lip and playing with the ends of my hair. At this point, he knew that, as I was doing that at the way to my house the day we (more accurately: He) asked my mom if I could go with them on tour, and even moreso when the event of asking the question came up. He rubbed my back and escorted me to the door, opening it for me. I muttered a small 'thank you' and stepped on, Ricky right by my side.

I was met with kind smiles from six other men, who, for the most part, looked somewhat like Ricky. A tall man with three lip piercings, drawn-on eyebrows, and stretched ears was the first to stand up and walk over to me, "hi, I'm Chris. I'd presume you're Sam?"

"That's me," I smiled, grabbing his extended hand.

A man who looked like a mix of Edward Scissorhands, Sweeney Todd, and Charles Manson; Devin was the next. Soon after him was Ryan, Balz, and Brandon were the next to introduce themselves to me, and soon I was sat on the edge of a couch next to Ricky, zoning out and zoning in whenever I heard my name.

"Sam, what country are you from?" Devin piped up.

"Suomi," I smiled, their furrowed eyebrows clearly showing they didn't know a lick of Finnish. "Finland."

 "What's it like there?" Devin asked again, starting a conversation with me.

"Cold," I said simply, gaining laughs. "It's actually a very beautiful country. I loved it there."

Devin nodded, "is it anything like Sweden? We've been there on tour."

"To tell you the truth, I've never been there. Finns and Swedes generally hate each other for reasons I won't get into. I'm fine with Swedes, though. The country itself probably isn't too much different, but the people might be. I don't know." I said truthfully, they nodded.

 "Stupid Svedes!" Balz declared in a yell, mocking my inability to pronounce W's due to my accent. The bust erupted with laughter, and I couldn't help but join in.

"We've always wanted to tour there, what are some good places or areas?" Chris asked, leaning forward to look at me. 

"Well, the obvious one is Ruisrock. If I were you, I'd stay in southern Finland, just 'cause it's warmer. Not by much, obviously; but still."

There was something about the look he gave me which sent a sense of foreboding into my stomach. I passed it off as bad memories arising from thinking of Finland, but I had never been so wrong in my life.

Sorry for such a short and shitty chapter after being gone for so long. It was only when I started using this site again I realized people actually want to read what I write; I'll try to update more.