Chapter 1

My dad hollers at me from the garage. He's always working on something!

" What is it dad?" I question. He pulls my attention to an old, beat up canvas. Dad tells me it was a painting of a beatiful lady named Recrosea, but now, all the color has faded away.

"What's so speical about it?" I wonder.

"Don't you see?" Dad asks me, with a concerned look in his blue eyes. I don't see anything. Crazy old man!!

" No dad, I really don't know what you are talking about!" I eye dad, and he is carefully studying the painting once again. I walk over to him and put my arm around his shoulder.

"You miss mom too much. There isn't a way to bring her back dad." Dad just shakes his head and walks out of the room. I can see tears running down his cheeks. I have to admit, I got a little teary eyed too. 

As I walk into the kitchen, I see a note on the counter. The writing is sloppy, and very light, just like my dads. 

The note brings back a memory from a long time ago

The note brings back a memory from a long time ago. My mind starts to wander. All of a sudden, I hear my moms voice, " Sage! " It calls. "Mom!!" I scream. 

I know what the note is for, and i've know dad was going to do this. I've known since I was 3 years old. That's when mom died.