"Unmasked," - Ladynoir

Idea belongs to xShuttersx ;D 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I can't wait for it. I can't believe the whole school is going to be dressed in Ladybug and Chat Noir costumes!" Alya exclaimed and covered her face, which was burning from excitment.  

Marinette just chuckled and shook her head. 

"But really, we need to get our costumes, before the good ones run out," she said and pulled Marinette with her to the nearest store. 

They got their costumes and Alya couldn't be more excited to open it. 

______________

It was the day of the dance and everyone was more than happy. They could dress up as their favourite superhero. 

Marinette got lost in a crowd, but Alya didn't notice. 

She shook it off and went looking for drinks. But in the way she bumped into someone. 

"I deeply apologize," she could recognize that voice anywhere. 

"Chat?" she asked.  

"My lady?" he suprisedly said. She laughed as he took her hand and gently kissed it. 

"It's fancy seeing you here," she smiled at him. "Well or at least me finding you here."

"It's a big crowd. Can't believe how much people came," he smiled at her. The air was getting hotter by every second he looked at her. She had no idea what was happening, but when she finally looked at him she realized he wasn't wearing the normal costume. 

He had tight black jeans and a black leather jacket, similar to his true one. He didn't wear gloves, but the cat ears and the mask that covered the upper part of his face were still there.

"My lady? Finally checking me out?" he smirked at her. 

"No, you silly kitty. I just realized you aren't in the costume," she quckly said, trying to hide the blush.

"Niether are you, yet you still look purr-fect," he smiled at her.

"Stop with puns," she laughed at him, which suprised him. She never laughed at his puns, exept for the first time they met. That is actually the reason he started with the puns. It made his lady laugh. 

"Are you 'feline' okay?" he asked. She nodded. 

"Why aren't you in the suit?" she asked. "I came here with a friend and well if I showed up with the real costume, he would probably figure something out. He's not stupid," 

"Why don't we go to the balcony? It's getting really crowded." she asked and he didn't want to miss a chance to be alone with his love.

"I'm here with a friend too. I lost her though," she laughed. They leaned on the balcony railing and breathed the fresh air. 

This was his chance. To tell her how he feels. But what will happen if she rejects him? 

"My lady, there's something I wanted to tell you," he said. Ladybug looked at him with a questionable look. 

"My lady, I-I lo..-" "I couldn't help but to notice, you're not having fun," Chat's eyes went wide for two reasons.

1. This is the second time, he got interrupted when he tried confessing. 

2. He knew that voice too well.

"Uh, I'm having fun, thank you," she replied. 

A boy masked in Chat Noir was no one else than his (kind of) rival in model industry. Pierre. 

"I was still going to ask you to dance," he said, taking her hand and kissing it as the the real Chat Noir always did. 

"Uh, I-I..- What were you saying Chat?" it was clear she didn't want to dance with him, but she was too nice to reject him. 

"Chat? Oh please Adrien, don't tell me, you told her you're the real Chat Noir. He's way cooler than you," Pierre said.  

Ladybug's eyes went wide. Adrien? As in Adrien Agreste?

"I'm sorry, but you must have mistaken me with someone," he gritted his teeth. 

Before he could do anything Pierre, took of his mask and revealed the face behind it. Adrien was too late, now that he didn't have his cat-like reflexes. 

Marinette just stood there, stoned. The boy she was crushing on for years, was crushing back on her, but because masks, nobody knew that. 

"Just so you know, I already knew it was Adrien, but I called him Chat, because I didn't want to dance with you. And yet you showed me nothing to change my mind," Ladybug spat at him. She had no idea about his true identity, but what she said after was the truth. Nobody treats her kitty like that.  

Pierre was so shocked, so she just grabbed Adrien's hand and pulled him somewhere where they were alone. 

"You knew?" he asked her, and she shook her head. 

"I had no idea," she said looking down at her feet. "I'm so sorry," he sighed.

"It's fine. I just need some time alone, please," she said. "I need to think things through,"

Adrien let her go, as he watched her how she left. Plagg flew from his pocket. 

"You're an idiot. I swear I have never had such a hopeless holder," he facepalmed (can he even do that?)

Adrien rolled his eyes, since he was used to Plagg's stupid comments. 

He put on his mask again and walked to the ballroom. He finally found Nino, but it didn't take him long to find his girlfriend. He took her to the dance floor. 

"Alya?" he heard a girl call.

"She's on the dance floor with Nino," Adrien replied as he kept thinking how will his lady except him now, that she knows he's world famous model. 

He turned around and saw a girl behind him, that looked exactly as his lady. 

"Hey Adrien," he looked at her weirdly, because he didn't know if it's his lady or not. 

"It's Marinette," she said, clearing up his mind. 

"Sorry, I thought you were someone else," he sighed. 

"It's f-fine. We all l-look similar," she sighed. Then crash. Everyone's eyes turned around to the sound and saw an akumatized person. 

People started running. Adrien grabbed onto Marinette's hand so they got dragged around the crowd together. Somehow they manage to come to the spot where they were alone. 

Adrien was already thinking about stupid excused, for leaving Marinette.

"Go on. What are you waiting?" she asked him, as he looked at her weirdly. 

"I know you're the real Chat Noir. Go and take them out," she said. 

"How'd you..?" he closed his mouth when he saw a red flying kwami, next to her. "I was suprised at first too. Now, do you want to transform or do you want to defeat akuma in a fake suit?"