CHAPTER 12

My heart stopped.
This was the end. This man is going to drag me out from behind the crates, throw me at the feet of the captain and I will be executed.
He stared at me, dead in the eyes and I could have sworn that from the look in his eyes,he'd already planned out my death.

But to my surprise he lifted the cut of his suit to reveal a pin. I narrowed my eyes, I recognized that pin but I couldn't remember where I've seen it. Why was he showing me this in the first place? Was it to distract me? The sudden urge to turn around and see what may be coming at me from behind was strong, but a sudden image popped into my head.

When Dorian and I went to rescue the little boy; some rebellion soldiers ran out of the helicopter to help us bring in the boy and his mother. I didn't have a lot of time to really study their uniforms, but I did remember something that was...pinned on their chests. They wore the same pin that the captains right hand man was wearing right now.
My eyes widened with shock. He was part of the Rebellion!

My mouth opened but I didn't say anything, it was more of just shock than anything. The solider  put his finger to his lips, silencing me and re-hid his pin.
I wanted to ask him so many questions but I couldn't speak. Literally, I wasn't allowed to speak and because I couldn't find my words.

He glanced behind me and casually grabbed the tarp that was flung on a crate. He stared at the captain the entire time, but the poor little captain was too busy having a temper tantrum to notice.
The solider put the tarp over my crouched body, to hide me. He knew what I was doing and what I had. Yes, we were on the same team but, he had to keep his cover didn't he?

But he was protecting me. It didn't make sense but I'm not really complaining.
I remained still under the tarp. The second no one was in the room, I was gonna be out of there. I had to get back, get to my team. I prayed to all the gods that they were ok.

"Don't leave until I tell you too", the soldier whispered. I barely heard him and couldn't argue with him. He walked away from my little hiding spot.

"Sir. What do you propose we do?" The soldier asked.

"I don't know sergeant! How about catch that rat so that I can kill her and then bring me back my fucking map!" The captain roared.

"Sir, is it truly so bad that they have it? We have the map on file, in the computers. Their weak. It's not like they'll come and "destroy" the base themselves". The sergeant said.

"They have made contact with the Rebellion! They know where the Fortress is and now they will do everything in their power to destroy us. I don't care that I lost that simple, copy of the map. I care because they have it! They have the one thing we had against them. Now they have it, and they won't stop".

Just like you haven't stopped hammering down on us!?

Rushed foot steps came into the large room.
"Sir! We have a trail on the rebels. Come quickly". A guard said, breathing heavily.

I nearly jumped from my hiding spot after the guard spoke. They found my team... My brother, Noxa and Dorian...
I need to get to them, now. I never should have left them. They are all in danger because of me.

"Indeed I will", the captain growled and I heard the click of a gun and everyone left the room. Except one.
I heard the sergeant walk over to me. I whipped off the tarp.

"Why don't you just give him back the map?" The sergeant hissed at me.

"Why don't you just get the hell out of my way!" I snapped back. I had to go. My crew was counting on me. And probably freaking the freak out because they can't find me.