Introduction: What Bounds

LA DOULEUR EXQUISE

The exquisite pain of wanting someone that you know you can never have, and knowing that you will still do anything for them.

Shawn and Matthew sit together at the community plaza, a place welcomed to anybody, though, it's majority of the teenagers from the local high school that hang out here almost everyday.

"Shawn... Don't you get curious?" Matthew speaks out of nowhere when he meets eyes with his crush from freshman year. "What? Curious about what?" Shawn replies.

Matthew always had concerns about what he would do in a relationship. He knew he was a petite guy but with a demanding attitude.

"Like, I never been in a relationship with another boy before. Do you think I'm one of those tops or bottoms?" Shawn shakes his head with a laugh. It's hilarious to hear those words from his best friend because they never talk about relationships or crushes.

As for Shawn, he's always liked an older guy named Taylor, its something about the way he would look away when his eyes met Shawn's, its the way Taylor would randomly pick on Shawn when the teacher would make up a game and have students call on each other to answer questions. Oh, Shawn loves the way Taylor says a quiet hello, but doesn't extend the conversation. But what makes Shawn's heart melt the most was the idea that Taylor wouldn't give Shawn too much attention, but still just enough.

But then again, nobody knows that he has feelings for taylor. He knows that there can't possibly be anything going on between them, Taylor's always been quite the friendly guy, so what? It's nothing different than how he can possible treat anybody else.

Matthew realizes his best friend's drift at the question so he snaps his fingers. "Did I ask something too uncomfortable?" Shawn giggles before replying, "I'm welcoming to anything you say. I was just thinking about myself that way."

"Why don't we actually try to date or get boyfriends, at least so we know what we can possibly be before we graduate." Matthew suggests and Shawn smiles. "And how do we do that? We never talk about liking anybody with each other."

Matthew freezes at Shawn's most recent comment. He in fact, does like someone as mentions he was staring at the guy earlier. "Oh... I do like someone. Sorry, I've never brought it up because it was silly of me."

"Oh that's fine. I don't like anyone." Shawn says soft because he didn't want to get into the foolish ideas, he feels like Matthew would make fun of him for liking someone that's above his standards. Yet, the two both believed that the crushes they had were silly.

Mathew scoots closer to his friend on the couch while they were in a milk tea place. "So, see over there?" Matthew cocks his head forward, but hoping it isn't too obvious.

"Cameron Dallas?" Shawn shrugs, trying to make way and see who his friend could be referencing with his structured chin.

Matthew holds his best friends hand in hopes that if Shawn gets to know Cameron, it'll make him grow a closer connection to Taylor. See, those two are quite the best friends. In Matthew's mind, the four will always be together, he sees double dates and best friend goals galore.

"You'll get to know him for me won't you?"

"I'll do anything."

Shawn thinks that Matthew wants Cameron, he's going to do anything to make sure he gets along with Cameron and drops hints of Matthew's fondness for him.

But, what Shawn doesn't know is that Matthew likes the same guy as him.

SHAMERON !

MAYLOR !

AND PALS !

AND PALS !

MyPhotoCredsYo!

My
Photo
Creds
Yo!

🍃

I'm so teasing you guys so hard. You guys don't know who the hell the real ships are. I mean, I labeled out the ship names in the tags and description but as for now, you don't know how long it'll actually take for the real ships to sail.

However, I wanted Shawn to like Matthew. But then I also wanted Taylor to just instantly like Matthew as well. But you can't get everything you want.

Book contains tons of connection, fluff, misunderstandings, and not too much smut but a rather impressive amount. Not every chapter will be this long or in third person.

Love you guys. Enjoy!

I'll leave this first chapter lingering for a while until I feel as if I'm almost completed with my Celibacy Club! Hope this goes just as popular as that. :)

Won't be too long, I promise!