Three: Outings

cd

"What you up to after school dude?" I ask Taylor with a nudge to his chest. "I think Shawn and I are hanging out today. He insisted. This is great isn't it?"

I think Taylor likes Shawn, but as for I, I think Shawn likes me. He did ask me for my phone number first. The only reason why he asked for Taylor's was so Taylor wouldn't be awkwardly indirectly third wheeling. Right, now the two of them hanging out after school? Shawn is clearing trying to make me jealous.

It's obvious.

"Uh, well... You go on and hang out with him. I'll just um, I don't know. It's a Thursday. I'll find something." I shrug with a discouraging voice.

"If you like you can come with. He's tutoring me. We're getting popcorn chicken and um, yeah. Studying." Taylor smiles at me and I nod. "Sure. I'll take time to do my homework too then."

2:50 pm

Taylor, Shawn, and I are at the same teen plaza as we get into that one chicken bar for popcorn chicken. I stand in front of them ready to order, when I flash my gaze back to them real quick to ask what else they want, I swear Taylor was kissing at Shawn's neck.

"Hey, I can pay Cam. It's fine. My invite anyways." Taylor puts a hand on my shoulder and steps in front of me. "Popcorn chicken, um, three cups of water, and- cutie, what do you want?" Taylor begins to order as Shawn finishes it off, "That one strawberry drink with whip cream, please."

I go over to the counter when Taylor asks me what I want and tell them a simple root beer float. Taylor pays and I find a booth seat with Shawn.

I sit across Shawn and soon Taylor comes along and debates where to sit. He ends up sitting with me but making sure he's right across Shawn.

"So, um, where's Matt?" I ask out of curiosity, yet I also feel as if he were here, I wouldn't be such a third wheel. "Matty is at cheer practice!" Shawn says confidently.

Taylor's number gets called and he leaves the two of us alone. Since it's just us, I might as well clear the air and get things straight.

"So, Shawn, I'm rather confused here. When you told me someone is interested, what do you mean?" I ask him and he shrugs, "I mean exactly what I say."

See, I don't like Shawn, but I'm still curious. Why would he seem like he likes me, but all of a sudden grow interested in Taylor. And come on! Who doesn't like me? Taylor can't possibly be reeling in Shawn just like that.

"Do you like me?" I want things to be straight up and clear. "No? I'm sorry." Shawn says softly looking down.

And so it is, Shawn fell out of likes with me. Taylor always somehow manages to get people to fall for him so easily.

It's not that I want Shawn, but I want him to like me. Is that wrong. And, apparently, I think Shawn liked me at least. But with Taylor being all flirty and inviting, Shawn has forgotten that he originally had feeling for me.

"Wait, are you mad? I'm sorry... That I don't like you." Shawn taps his fingers onto the table. "Nope! I don't have feelings or emotions. I never liked you anyways." I say but realize it's gone a little snappy.

"Um, o-okay." Shawn looks away and we see Taylor here with a tray of food and drinks. He sits next to me and puts the tray in the middle.

"Do you want to eat and study or just eat first?" Shawn asks. "What about you? I can do both but if you want to just eat that's fine." Taylor complies. Shawn smiles and takes out his notebook and a few pencils.

Taylor uses the long tooth pick, bamboo jabber stick for the popcorn chicken and feeds it to Shawn from across the table. I roll my eyes in disgust. Look at Shawn melting over Taylor, gross.

"So, vocab time. What's the word for when people lack skills but want a job. Don't forget to remember the little notes I told you." Shawn smiles at Taylor while holding up the flash card. "Structural employment?"

Shawn takes a popcorn chicken and feeds it to Taylor. "Yay! You didn't know that before. Congrats, cutie." Taylor laughs and looks at me. "I know at least one word!" Taylor shouts and high fives me. "Yeah, good job, cutie." I mock the two of them. "Don't hate on us." Taylor smirks. I nod and fake a chuckle.

A few more moments with Shawn and Taylor acting all cute while studying and here I am, on my phone scrolling through whatever.

"I'm going to use the restroom and then we can go home. Okay?" Shawn mentions and walks off.

I look over at Taylor and he slouches on his seat with a grin at me. "I like him. Good kid. And he's so sweet and cute." Taylor says. I look down and see his hands rubbing against his crotch. "Dude! Chill. We're in public." I groan against his ear, trying not to attract attention. "What, Shawn's also got ass."

"He's a keeper then! Alright. Next time, don't invite me. If I wasn't here, he would probably already be riding you dick while you two suck faces." I tell him, irritatingly. Continuing with my obvious lack of care, "Eating popcorn chicken, my ass. More like eating him out then popping that nonexistent cherry of his!"

"Um, Tay? Walk me home?" Shawn comes back and puts all his items away. I push Taylor out the way to throw the garbage away.

When I get back, as I assumed, that almost PDA is obvious. Taylor's holding onto Shawn's waist as they talk, and rather pretty close.

I walk over to them, purposely getting in between them to reach other to grab my drink. "I'll leave you two alone."

-

hope you understand right?

summary / clarification

• Shawn and Matt both like Taylor
• Shawn thinks Matt likes Cameron
• Cameron thinks Shawn likes (liked) him
• Matt doesn't know anything going on

0328