Chapter 2: My British Distraction

Mary-Anne p.o.v

I walk into my first class which is Chemistry 101. As expected the class was half empty and students were starting to fill inside the class what with 3 mins until class starts. I quickly hurry and take the last seat in the middle row. A few faces smile at me and some even wish me. No not because I'm popular but because we all have known each other since the first year. I pull out my textbook and start going through the first chapter. I hear a chair being pulled out beside me.

"Seriously Anne? The classes haven't even started yet and your studying?" Leo complains. I sigh and look up at him. His faces just inches away from mine. I use my pointer and middle finger to push his face away.

"You are in my personal space. And just because the classes haven't started yet doesn't mean that I can slack off. You see unlike some, some need to study to graduate." I tell him.
me.

"Enough with the studying already, I'm bored so can't you talk to me?" Leo asks, giving me his puppy dog eyes.

"Umm, let me think about it... No!" I tell him firmly.

"Wow, you should really give classes on how to be heartless." Leo tells me.

"And you on how to break hearts." I whisper.

"Did you say something?" Leo asks me.

"Nope, nothing." I answer, before he can say anything else the warning bell rings indicating the commencement of classes. Mr. Rogers enters the class and is followed by a very handsome guy.

"Good morning class, I would like to introduce Mr. Christopher Williams, who will be joining you people from today. Do welcome him warmly." Mr. Rogers says smiling at all of us.

"Hello there, its really nice to meet you lot." Christopher speaks in his oh so heavenly British accent.

"British and hot." I say out loud but only Leo hears my words.

"Hot? And him?" Leo asks as if he couldn't believe my words.

"What? Don't tell me your worried about you're stand now that a hotter and British guy has arrived." I tease him.

"Oh please, I'm not worried at all. Don't tell me your interested in him?" Leo says looking disgusted at just the thought of it.

"Who knows? Maybe I am? And maybe I'm not." I smirk.

"Oh c'mon you can't be seriously into him." Leo says looking at me as if compelling me to agree with him.

"You never know." I continue my teasing and before he can say anything further Mr. British hottie here grabs our attention once again.

"Yes, as you can tell by now I'm British yes. My family and I just moved here recently. So I do hope we can all be friends." Christopher flashes us his smile while scanning all of us and I could have sworn is glance lingered on me for a few seconds longer when he said the word friends but it could be just my imagination.

"Okay Christopher, why don't you go ahead and take the empty seat beside Mr. Donald." Mr. Rogers instructs him.

"I'm sorry sir but if you don't mind I'd like to sit in the last seat of the middle row if you don't mind." Christopher interjects Mr. Rogers.

Wait, isn't her talking about my seat? Is he seriously asking me to move out of my seat? But I got here first! Certainly Mr. Rogers wouldn't agree to that, right?