(Prologue)

“I’m headin’ up!” Naomi called from the subway entrance.

“Where are you going now?” Raph asked, sitting on the couch relaxed. “Seriously? Reiley’s gone and all that.”

“Can I not have some fresh air?” Naomi snapped, going up anyway.

Sighing, Leo turned the TV on. “Smooth, Raph.”

“You watching Space Heroes?” Mikito called from the kitchen.

“Yeah, wanna watch it?”

“That a trick question?” Mikito’s head popped into view. “Just let me get Sophie.” her head disappeared quickly after that. “Sophia!”

“Really, Mikito?” Sophie’s voice said from her room. “You call me by my full name just to get my attention?”

The two talked for a few more minutes before Leo sighed and called out, “It’s already started, guys!”

Both of them ran in and sat down on couch, Sophie accidentally running into Raph.

“Hey!” Raph growled, moving back. “Watch where you jump…”

“Sorry, Raph,” Sophie apologized.

Sighing, Raph looked at Leo, “It’s kinda sad you got two girls addicted to your show.”

“Sh!” Mikito hushed him.

Already getting annoyed, Raph got up from his spot and walked to his room to grab Spike. But what he met Mikey on the way taking the small turtle away from Raph’s room.

Looking shocked, Mikey gasped and hid the turtle behind his shell, “Raph!”

“Mikey…” Raph said, not wanting to deal with him. “Give me Spike.”

“I….. Don’t have him…” lied Mikey.

“Do you really want me to make you give him to me?”

“No…”

“Alright, now here,” Raph offered his hand.

Mikey gave Spike back and then asked, “Where’s Mikito?”

“Watching Space Heroes,” Raph replied. “Donnie in his lab with Julie?”

Nodding, Mikey left and Raph went to go see Donnie. Sure enough, he was boosting up some more things on the Shell Raiser. He was under it, though, and Julie was sitting in a roller chair, going in circles.

“Donnie!” Raph called.

Julie stopped turning and looked at him, waving. Raph just nodded and came up to Donnie, kicking his foot. Jumping, there was a clanking sound as Donnie dropped something.

“Raph!” Donnie exclaimed. He rolled into view. “Really?”

“I have this feeling, Don…” Raph admitted.

“About?”

“That I’ll need you in a little bit, but I’m not sure about what…”

“Alright…” Donnie trailed off. He looked around, “Where’s Naomi?”

“Topside,” Raph replied.

“Then I think that’s what you’re worried about. But, wait… Isn’t Reiley gone? Why’d she go up?”

“That’s what I asked.”

That’s when Julie got up and left. “Naomi…”

Both boys looked at her, then Raph helped Donnie up, keeping Spike on his shoulder. They walked into the main room and when they walked in, they took a step back on instinct.

“Naomi!” Mikito screamed. “You brought another wasp egg?”

Chuckling, Naomi shook her finger, “Heh-heh-heh, no. If you remember correctly, the wasp egg had a curled shape. This is an actual egg.”

“But what’s in it?” Donnie asked, coming up. The egg was a dark, dark grey. Almost black. It was smooth, but with some light craters and some darker spots.

Naomi smirked, “You’ll find out.”

“Can you not tell us something?” Raph asked. “Seriously.”

With a turn of her heel, Naomi turned and left everyone in the main room, wondering what was in the egg.