Back to the Past

A/N ^^^^ most perfect gif for this chapter >_< 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 bruise, 2, 3, it kept going.The kids kept beating him up for defending a girl."Your stupid! You don't belong HERE!!""go away!"was all he could hear, He curled up into a ball and waited he later went home with 20 different bruises.

"STEVEN GRANT ROGERS!?!? WHAT HAPPENED!?!?"yelled his mom,"I-I stood up for Lily again. They kept making fun of he-er, so-o *Hiccup* I told them to shut there pi-ig face mouths." Steve's mom pulled him into a hug and whispered into his ear "It's okay my little one you are safe..."

Now go clean up,my brave one,before dinner" With that the little bruised boy walked to the bathroom. Older Steve watched in third person view. Lily... Steve thought, then it came.Lily Marion Granghopper, she and him were best friends, she got together with Bucky, before Captain America, before the stupid war. She joined the army, she is- WAS a howling commando. She died the day after Bucky, both his best friends gone, forever, the bomb, the raid... Images swirled through his brain.

Suddenly it was the next day    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Steve  the wimp and Lily the wimp's girlfriend! Back for more are yea'"said Butchy, the bully Steve and Lily met at school at least once a day, and of coarse got beat up by the most. "She is not my girlfriend,"Steve said, pulling Lily away to make sure she wouldn't get hurt,"Hey Wimp!" Steve turned around to meet up with Butchy's fist. "LILY! RUN!!" Steve yelled, She didn't get far before two of Butchy's goons cornered her.

They were kicking her, Steve struggled to get out of Butchy's grip. Butchy winded up his fist, ready to connect it with Steve's face, Steve closed his eyes and flinched ready for the impact.

It never came

A boy punched Butchy, He wore a faded Army cap with the name "Barnes" on it. He turned around and punched Butchy's goons, then helped Lily up. The boys ran away and and the boy turned to them.

"James Buchanan Barnes. You can call me Bucky though."

"Steve Rogers"

"Lily Marion Granghopper"

"My friends- I mean Stevie here, calls me Grasshopper." She smiled, "Well then, count me as your friend, Grasshopper." said Bucky, "Let's go get you guys cleaned up, You smell like the boy locker rooms." They all laughed, and walked off together, Side by side, friend by friend. 

Older Steve smiled at that memory with fondness...Suddenly white was starting to appeared in the sky and ground. "No! Please! Just a little longer!" He got on his knees and started to cry. Then a cold burst of air stung his cheek, and he was sitting in snow.

"NO! Please!!! No! not this! Ple-eas-e"

Then he blacked out.