Chapter 15

The next morning, I am still in a daze. Now that I love him, I have to figure out how to un-love him. I don’t want to hate him, he is a great friend. I sigh loudly and get up. Just because my love life is messed up, no reason to fail out of school. I get up and take a LONG shower. I wash my hair with my “feel better” shampoo. It smells like strawberries and bananas. I love it.

     I get out of the shower. I feel the window next to my bed, and it is cold as balls. I decide on my “Resist the Crowd” blue tee, white jumper, and my dark blue sweats. I can’t help remembering the dark blue sky last night. Ugh! Why can’t I forget him?! I slip on my dark blue aviators, grab my phone and keys, and walk out the door. I feel the chill right away. I put up my hood and start walking. Hopefully, people will realize that I don’t want to talk. I successfully go through the day without having to talk to anyone. I get home, finish my homework quickly, and relax on my couch. I decide to play a little guitar. I end up singing a song that always makes me feel better. (A/N I can’t get to play the song on the side, imagine it is there. The song is Stronger by Kelly Clarkson and if you don’t know it, crawl out of the hole you are living in)

      I put the guitar down and shove up my hood, still singing. I grab my phone and keys and rush out the door. I start walking towards a park I know. I get there and look over at the swings, where two little girls are swinging. I am still singing, quite loudly actually. I keep walking, over to a little gazebo. I stand in the middle of it, and finish the song, tears coating my face. I hear slow clapping from behind me and I turn around and who I see is more shocking and scary than I could have ever imagined. Thomas.

        Thomas, my first boyfriend. Thomas, the one that got hurt. Thomas, the one that I hurt. Thomas, the one I ran from. Thomas, the one who scared me. Thomas, the only one who scared me. Thomas, the one who stalked me. Thomas, one of the reasons I left Wolverhampton.

         “You still sing beautifully, HailBear.” Thomas says sweetly. I cringe at the old nickname.

        “Wh-what are y-you d-doing h-here Thomas?” I stutter. All the memories of that night, when he chased me, come rushing back to me. When he caught me. When Martha found us, before he could hurt me.

         “Can’t a guy come to see his girlfriend?” Thomas asked, taking a step towards me. I took one back.

       “I am not your girlfriend, Thomas. How did you even find me? I didn’t tell anyone except my friends where I was going. Can you please leave?!” I ask. He starts to walk towards me, and I walk backwards, but my back hits the wall of the gazebo. He makes his way to me and pushes me against the wall. I’m squirming and trying to get away, but it’s no use, he is too strong. I go to cry out, but he clamps his hand over my mouth. I look at him with pleading eyes, knowing that he is going to hurt me.

         It all happens so fast. Thomas on the ground, holding his stomach in pain. I am getting picked up bridal style by someone and being carried off. I look up to see who it is and I couldn’t be happier. I throw my arms around Harry’s neck and hold on for dear life.

HARRY’S POV EXCITING RIGHT?!?!?

        I can’t take my mind off of Hayley. Ever since she starting coming to this school it is like all I can think is HayleyHayleyHayley! I need to get my mind off her. So I decide to take a walk. I put on my Jack Wills hoodie and a gray beanie, grab my phone, and walk out. Hayley is just a couple meters in front of me. She is singing Kelly Clarkson’s Stronger. I smile and listen. She has a beautiful voice.

        I follow her to the park and she ends up on the gazebo. She finishes her song, and this guy with short dirty blonde hair and black eyes comes up behind her. I think it is one of her old friends, from her pictures. Thomas? He starts clapping and she turns around with a scared expression on her face.  I hear him call her his girlfriend and I feel my heart drop. But when she denies it, I smile again. God, she has such a hold on me.