Chapter 1

Today was the day. The day I finally get to start a new life. I thought as I looked at my surroundings, having flashbacks of all the memories I had in this house.

"Camila! Ya vamos eh? Apurate!!" I heard my mom say from downstairs.

" Voy madre!" I yelled back and ran down the stairs and saw my mom at the door with tears in her eyes. I walked up to her and hugged her. She squeezed me really hard and let go after a minute or two. "Mama, it's ok don't cry. This is part of life, I need to go on." I told her.

"Asi es Linda. Let's go, I'll help you with the last of your stuff." I saw my dad come from around the corner. He walked over by the sofa and picked up the last box of my belongings and walked out the door. I walked outside and saw that my grandma and my sister were already standing by the car. My dad put the box on the passenger seat, knowing that that wasn't any more room in the trunk or the back seats of my tiny convertible. I got my keys out of my bag and held them in my hand. I looked up and saw that my grandma was already in tears. "Mija te voy a extrañar mucho. No puedo creer que te vas. Me dejas sola aqui con tu papi loco y tu hermana." said my grandma with a bit of a smile.

"Lo se Abu, te quiero mucho." I said as I hugged and kissed her on the cheek. She wiped her tears away and kissed me on the forehead. I walked over to my dad who pulled me in for a tight hug. "Cami, ten mucho cuidado. I know this is what you want, so I can't deny it from you, I wish I could keep you here with me forever. I'm going to miss you. Be sure to call every night or text. Let us know when you arrive there. Please be careful baby." he told me as he struggled to let go of me. I could hear the sadness and anxiety in my dad's voice. My mom, knowing my dad wasn't going to let go of me, hugged me from behind. I could hear her whimpering in my ear. My mom was never one to take goodbyes very well. "This isn't officially goodbye. I'm coming back, it's only college. I will be back." I told her and my dad. 

I was heartbroken, leaving my family to go somewhere I had never gone before. I was finally let go of and I walked over to my sister. She had her arms crossed over her chest  and an expression on her face in which I couldn't tell if she was angry or sad. But deep down I knew it was both she was feeling. I didn't try to hug her or kiss her knowing that she wouldn't allow it. I put my hand on her arm and looked straight into her eyes. "I love you Maria. I'm going to miss you. I hope soon you'll understand why I'm leaving. And y'know, I will visit." I told her, feeling heavy about not being here for her. She opened her mouth to say something but then  looked away having changed her mind. I felt my heart sink and I held back the tears.

 I couldn't let them see me cry, this was supposed to be exiting! I should have been leaping for joy, looking forward to my future and knowing that there was better, new things coming my way. 

I hugged everyone one last time, everyone but my sister, and got into the car. I scrolled down the car window and waved goodbye. "I love you all! I will call when I'm halfway there and once I'm at the school!" 

As I drove away I looked at the rear view mirror. All of them were waving goodbye, blowing kisses, now each with a small smile on their faces. My sister wiping away a tear, I presumed, and turning away to go back into the house. I focused my vision on myself in the mirror and saw that tears were streaming down my face. Tears of sadness yet happiness. 

A/N: AYEE! It's Nat :) I hope you enjoyed the first chapter, a little sad I know but it will get better I promise :D