Chapter 4: Downhill

You brace yourself for what is about to happen, too scared to even do anything. Your mom walks through the door.
Your eyes, once entranced into Matt's, widen in fear of your obvious upcoming punishment. She sees you on Matt's lap, and her calm face turned red with anger as though magma itself ran through her blood. "MATT. OUT. NOW."
You hurriedly try to explain, "Mom, we weren't doing anything! All that happened was that Matt was visiting and we came inside and-"
"AND THEN IGNORED THE NO BOYS IN THE HOUSE WITHOUT AN ADULT RULE."
You try to argue back, but decide she's completely right.
"Matt," You mumble, "can you please go? I have to talk to my mom about this."
Matt nods understandingly, as you plop onto the seat beside him as he gets up and walks out, with his head down.
"What were you thinking?" Your mom shakes her head, "you know my rule. I don't care if it's the day before Valentine's day. You're GROUNDED."
Your jaw drops. "Grounded? But Mom, it's my first Valentine's day with Matt!"
Your mom changes her tone, but it still is anything BUT sympathetic. "Well you should have thought of that before bringing him here without an adult." She walks away, and you hurry upstairs to your room, devastated...
for now.