Summary

A Broken Hearts Novella

Summary:

"Why do you close yourself from the world?" She softly asked, slowly sliding her hand down my arm to my wrist where she intertwined her fingers with mine, squeezing my hand gently.

I looked down at our clasped hands, afraid of this foreign feeling to wash through me once again. I was afraid of this feeling. To be afraid was weakness and I should not show weakness. He disapproves of it and with me doing everything I can to please him, I couldn't allow this. But as I stared into those chocolate brown eyes that gazed up at me with an emotion that seemed so unreal for the kinds of me, I couldn't tear myself from her. I've never seen someone with that raw emotion looking up at me. Hell, I shouldn't have someone do that.

Why couldn't she bother someone else? Why did she have to plague my mind every damn minute of every damn day and night? Why did she make me feel like the pathetic old self I locked away? Just being near her made me nervous and made my heart pound erratically in my chest. I should just push her away and lie to her that there would never be an attraction between us but I couldn't.

I don't know what it was with this girl but the thought of lying to her made me feel uncomfortable almost as if it wasn't the right thing to do.

So instead, I squeezed her hand and softly admitted, "Because it's the easiest thing to do."

 <>      <>      <>

Before this heartless soldier hated the world, she was once happy...

Who made this heartless soldier happy?

The girl who broke her heart, of course!

The life of Rhea Daniels had ended in Broken Hearts & Lonely Stars but her teen years was never shared until now. You've read her downfall of the chaotic rollercoaster called her life but you haven't read how she became the heartless soldier she's known to be.

Before this broken ballad could be sung, it needs to be written with the beginning.

Are you ready to step into Teen Rhea's life where she meets love, pain, misery, anger, her hidden sexuality, and heartache that led her to walk on this earth as an empty shell? Are you ready for another ride of her rollercoaster of ruthless ups and downs?

Better get a box of tissues because knowing Rhea, you'll end up in tears along with her...