Prologue: The Beginning of a Broken Ballad

The much awaited prologue of the prequel of BH&LS!

Here ya go & Enjoy! <3

_____________________________________________

A Broken Hearts Novella

Prologue: The Beginning of a Broken Ballad

 Heartless. 

It was a word that identified me wherever I went especially in high school. It was a word that most labeled me instead of the other whispered words I’ve heard them say. It was a safe bet they wanted to be in instead of having to come across by my ever-so-loving anger. I didn’t blame any of them though. I knew I was heartless. I was an uncaring prick who laughed at others as they cried over the stupidest things or when they bring their hearts in their palms as they gradually hand them to me only to be stepped on without me giving a flying crap about it.

I was an asshole.

I wasn’t someone who shouldn’t live with themselves over having to hurt so many people. I shouldn’t even be having friends either!

But I did.

I think that was the messed up part.

I had people who cared about me yet they were still at an arm’s length from me, never once fully knowing me. I knew friends were there to help you get through your tough times but I couldn’t even allow someone in my messed up life without having the old man’s voice screaming in my mind, manipulating everything. 

Despite an inside look of who I was in others’ eyes as well as mine, I never knew apart from having friends that I would have someone seeing the real me. Not the heartless soldier I put out for myself to be; no. This person saw the girl who sheds her heartless exterior once that bedroom door closes. The girl who seems foreign to show to the world. 

Who knew this same person wasn’t just my blessing but a curse as well.

Love did that to you, ya know.

Fooled you to think that you’re happy and everything would be alright but it can also twist everything around to darkened your ever so happy life into anger and hatred. 

I was a victim of that love where you thought you could spend the rest of the life with that person only to be betrayed and make everything ten times harder to reveal your true self to the world.

That person who brought light to my dark abyss once upon a time was named Bridget.

Even her name sounded like a siren calling me out to my death.

A death trapped called 'love'.

Pitiful, I know.