Part 3

All fake innocence disappeared from the female alchemist's face. "When did you find out, Fair Son of Hohenheim?"

"So it's all true," he growled.

Dante nodded. "Indeed. Every last word."

The conversation between the two alchemists continued, turning into an argument about the Philosopher's Stone and mankind. All the while, you sat listening to the words being exchanged between Ed and Dante, completely silent and convinced they forgot you were even present. You had a hard time comprehending what you were hearing since your brain was still unfocused, but the inside was screaming at you to do something, anything, in order to get yourself back to normal.

The conversation ended abruptly when Gluttony burst into the room. Ed whipped around to ward him off, but the fat homunculus was uninterested, staggering away to the stone pillars and crying for Lust. Ed turned back to face Dante, who was already walking back to Rose.

He opened his mouth to say something else, but he was interrupted by a familiar, mocking voice. "So we meet again, Fullmetal Pipsqueak."

Ed's reflexes acted up automatically, causing him to just barely dodge a kick to the back of the head. He spun around once again to see the homunculus Envy trying to attack him from behind. Envy's eyes were wild with insane anger.

He lashed out towards Ed's face, narrowly missing the tip of his nose. Ed responded by thrusting his blade towards Envy's side. Envy jumped backwards to avoid the sharp metal. The two kept lashing out at each other, leaving small marks and wounds, but not inflicting any fatal injuries. Envy's movements became fast and unpredictable as his anger started to overwhelm himself, causing Ed to have a hard time holding his defense.

Finally, Envy lashed out with a direct kick to the back of Edward's head. Ed ducked before it could hit him, but before he could recover, Envy rolled away, jumped up, and kicked Ed right behind his metal knee. He must've hit it in a certain spot, because the metal popped. With a yelp, Ed's knees buckled upon impact and he collapsed on the floor. He tried to get up, but he was grabbed by the neck and his head was smashed against the hard marble floor. His vision became unfocused and blotchy, a small river of blood started to snake its way down his face.

All of a sudden, Ed remembered that you were still kneeling on the floor, frozen. Painfully, he tried to lift himself up to go to you, but the blood rushed to his head and he collapsed.

"(Y/N)..." He rasped. Once again, but slower, he managed to lift himself up enough for him to face in your direction. Envy followed his gaze, noticing you sitting on the floor, staring at the marble as if transfixed by the smooth surface.

Envy smiled evilly, and started walking across the ballroom towards you.

Edward saw the homunculus getting closer to you and frantically attempted standing up, despite the searing pain in his head. He managed to stand up on his legs, but couldn't walk. His legs shook and almost collapsed under the pressure.

"No!"

When Envy reached your side, you swallowed and clenched the fabric of your (F/C) dress with tight fists. The tears had already stopped, but the shock still stayed. You spoke before you could stop yourself. "He doesn't love me," you slipped out in a quiet voice.

Envy's grin grew wider and his eyes gleamed dangerously. "No. He doesn't." He squatted down next to you and pushed your (H/C) hair out of your (E/C) eyes. "And he never did. You were a fool for thinking that, (Y/N)." You lowered your head in shame. He grabbed you under the arms and hauled you up off the floor and onto your feet.

You could hear Edward's voice echo across the room as he shouted, "Don't touch her!" Envy ignored him, instead grasping your arm tight in an iron hold in order to keep you from going anywhere. He didn't really need to; you couldn't run even if you wanted.