I Promise

Erik's pov

The time was here, my Christine was laying on her death bed, pale and cold. I held her close to me as she took of my mask and smiled and wispered into my ear. " promise me" she said, while she wiped away my tears. " I promise" she smiled and then slowly made me come closer.

Remember

Love never dies

Kiss me one last time

I kissed her softley and I swore I heard her wisper " I love you" before she died in my arms, again.

My heart broke and I rested my head on her neck. I could'nt tell how long I was laying there. I held her hand and kissed it. " I promise" I wispered. I will not let her down. The funeral was painful, I held Gustave's hand as he looked up at me. 

Gustave needs a mother, but for now I will raise him on my own. The night's were awful, everything felt so cold and dark without her. I hear her singing in my head and I know that no matter were I go she will always be there singing song's in my head.

She will always be there singinng song's in my head...

I sat down looking up to the stars.

The day starts

The day ends

Time crawls by

Night steals in 

Pacing the floor

The moments creep

Yet I can't bare to sleep

Til I hear you sing

And weaks pass and months pass

Season's fly still you don't walk trugh my door

And in a haze I count the silent day's 

Til I hear you sing once more

And sometimes at nighttime I dream that you are there

But wake holding nothing but the empty air

And years come and years go

Time runs dry

Still I ache down to the core

My broken soul can't be alive and hole 

Til I hear you sing once more

And music your music 

It teases at my ear

I turn and it fades away 

And your not here

Let hopes pass

Let dreams pass

Let them die

Without you

What are they for?

I'll always feel 

No more than halfway real

Til I hear you sing once more!

I must stop hating her for dying too soon.

We did'nt even get the chance to get married.

After I thought she was dead, madame Giry arrived with some doctor's. They told me that she was still alive, but barley. She had a surgery, but they were close to loose her, considering of how mutch blood she lost. After a weak she was getting tired of staying in a hospital.

We return'd to Paris and I got her a beautiful little house outside Paris, were we could be alone.

She wanted to die, here in my home, in my arms. She got her wish, a weak later, I was watching her slowly fade away. Everyday, night after night, growing weaker. I just hope that she is at pease now, I know she is in heaven singing with her father and the other angels.

I have been a ghost, but this mask makes me still remember the Phantom I was and a Phantom never breaks a promise, even if he likes it or not. I am a man of my word, and Christine knew that.

I had a problem, I could'nt write music anymore, yes I did Love Never Dies but that was only beause Christine promised me that she would sing for me, and taht she told me that Gustave was my son.

My next problem was my son. Christine was right, he needs a mother. I should get a nanny, but how?

It's not like she is just going to nock on the door...

I froze at the sound of a door nock. I opened the door and there was a woman, a woman with a big smile, she was quite pretty. " Hello, I'm Cathrine and I'm here to be a nanny." she said, I guess they do just nock on the door's when you at least expect them.

"Oh, allright, I'm Mr.Y, come in" I said, she took her hat and coat of and Gustave was just starring at her and then I also realized she looked just like Christine. Oh, no not that too. I thought.

"Gustave, this is Cathrine and she wil take care of you while I'm at work. Catrine, this is my ten year old son Gustave" I said.

They both smiled at each other, but I could see taht Gustave wanted to hug her, because of how mutch she reminds him of his mother and how mutch she reminds me of my angel of music.