Please Forgive Me

Erik's pov

I did'nt know how long I had been looking, I did'nt even know if she was alive. But she has to be, please God, don't take her to. I beg'd and cried. I started to feel cold, and I almost gave up, until I saw a hand..."Oh my God! NO!" I scramed. I got of Ceasar and ran to the hand. I pulled and pulled and I was relived. It was her. She was so cold, she had a pulse but it was so weak. I held her in my arms and started to run back with Ceasar as fast as his leg's could bare.

The storm was over. She was alive, oh Cathrine, I'm so sorry.

The wind had stoped and everything was calm again, I finally got her inside the house whitch gave madame Giry a heart attack. She helpt me get her in a warm bath so her body would get warm. After that I carried her to my bed were she would sleep peacefully.

Her pulse was getting stronger, and her face turn'd red, that was a good sign. After a weak or so Cathrine was still in bed and could not speak for about another weak after that.

"Cathrine, I have some warm soup for you"

She smiled and pulled out her hand, I grabed it and it was warm and soft. I kissed it, saying that everything was going to be alright.

"Cathrine, please forgive me, I know I only have had eyes for my Christine even though she is gone, I was so afraid to lose you" I said stroking her beautiful hair.

"It's alright Erik, I understand I forgive you, I could never hate you, it's impossible! You, Erik Destler is the most handsome and funniest, lover a woman could ever want and the most fantastic father a child could have. " she said resting her hand on my mask. " Let me see it, Erik, if you love me like you say you do, and if Christine could see your face and smile why can't I do the same?" she said lovingly. 

She was right. 

I took of my mask and wig slowly just as I did with Gustave. "Well? Are you happy now? What do you think?" I said, she just smiled. "Well, it could have been better" she said and that made us both laugh.

I was so close to her, our lips almost tutched, when I look at her I see Christine only it was'nt my Christine. This was Cathrine Day, the funniest and the most incredible woman on earth! I am so proud of her.

I then kissed her, and she did'nt even pull away from me, she accepted me, and loved me for who I was, just like Christine did once, a long time ago... Maybe just maybe, this was what I had been withing for all along...