Major Crime, Major Time

It was our day to be released from jail. We got back our normal clothes, the clothes we haven't seen for 10 years and it honestly felt like I just got a whole new outfit. The officers lead us outside and released us from our handcuffs. 

Josier walked up to us and stared at us for a good few minutes. He gave us a hug, both of us, and kissed Evelyn on the cheek. Hannibal got out of the car and leaned himself against the trunk. The three of us walked over and Hannibal looked at me, then looked away. He still looked the same, but I felt so different. 

We all got in the car and Josier drove home, Hannibal sat in the passenger seat while me and Evelyn sat in the back. I was glad to see Evelyn and Josier we're still together, but I didn't know about me and Hannibal. Sure, we weren't dating, but I still cared about him. I looked down at my wrists, there was nothing there. I lied, there was something there all right, the memory. Faded, just like my cuts, but still there. 

We got to the apartment, Evelyn and I walked into the house first, It was clean, everything was neat. 

"Thank you for cleaning the house" I said. 

"You're welcome" Hannibal said bumping into me while trying to walk by without showing his face. 

Evelyn and Josier went to the room. I went to the restroom, light off but door open. I sat there, quietly, running through my thoughts. I closed my eyes but was awoken by footsteps. 

From the corner of my eye, I could see Hannibal was standing at the door. 

"You can sit down if you want." He sits down next to me but across from me. He was staring at me and I was staring at him. I changed my position and sat on my knees. He still stared at me. I leaned forward and kissed him and surprisingly, he kissed me back. 

"What was that?" He asked. I said 

"A last kiss."