Walking to school used to be one of my favourite things. Taehyung would walk beside me, eating a lollipop or some other candy and making jokes.

He'd walk me back home and wouldn't budge until I waved at him from the window in my room.

But, now it all changed. He'd come to class after the bell rang and would stand outside with his hands raised.

That's been a daily routine. Taehyung never attended the first periods. And he'd disappear after the last period without saying goodbye.

I don't know what went wrong. Sometimes, he would act like nothing was wrong between us, other times.. he'd act like we were strangers.

He would only talk to me if I started the conversation. Or else, it was just exchanging of awkward smiles.

He shut me out of his life.

When I needed him the most.

I was struggling with my own family problems and needed a shoulder to lean on, a little love, attention and I just needed someone by my side.

But he was gone..

Walking back home was very painful for me now. It only reminded me of the good old days when we'd goof around the streets, eating candies and ice-creams.

I had no other friends to hang out with, except Taehyung and my cousins. Unfortunately, my cousins all studied in different schools.

Yes, I was a loner. But I wasn't always like this. I was playful, friendly.. and believe it or not, I was actually quite a popular kid back in middle school.

I don't know why I stopped interacting with other people. It just sort of happened naturally when he was the only one I liked to be around and he.. He just shut me out of his life.