하나

I was taking a walk in the park near my house. The sun was setting and the cool breeze made me shiver. I walked closer towards the fountain.

"Siah!" Someone called from behind, making me flinch.

"Taehyung-ah.. " I gasped.

What is he doing here?

He ran towards me with that signature rectangular smile of his.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I came by your place to give you something. And, your mother said that you were in the park.. so.." he paused and gently brushed my shoulder-lenght hair away from my face.

My heart started beating rapidly.

"Let's go now." He said, tugging on my hands.

"Where?" I asked.

"Your place. I said I came to give you something right." He replied and pulled me along.

What exactly is he going to give me? Did he bring me a gift? No, no. Siah.. don't keep your hopes high. You'll probably get hurt if you expect too much.

"We're back eommo-nim!" Taehyung yelled as we made our way to my bedroom.

"What did you bring for me?" I softly asked.

"This." He said, handing me a bag.

"Wait. This is your favourite school bag, why are you giving it to me?" I asked in confusion.

"Pabo.. I'm not giving you my favourite school bag. Never. My books are inside, help me with the math homework." He said, laughing and plopped on my bed.

I shook my head and took out his books.

"Taehyung-ah!" I shrieked as he quickly got up and rushed towards me.

"What? What? What? Is it an insect? A bug?" He said, searching under my table.

I smacked his head.

"No, you idiot. Look at this!" I said pointing at his book. "Your handwriting is horrible! What happened to that neat and clean handwriting?" I asked, slightly disappointed.

He rolled his eyes and walked back towards my bed.

"I'm no longer the nerd I used to be. And stop nagging, you sound like my step-monster." He said.

Hearing that, I quietly finished the homework and gave it to him.

Taehyung has changed. A lot. Especially after that incident, a few months back.

He was liked by everyone. His friends, the girls, the teachers and even the grandmothers in the neighbourhood.

He always showed us a smile, no matter how much he was hurting inside.

His father was a very successful businessman, his mother also worked in the same company. They were both very passionate about their business.

His mother suddenly passed out when they were in office one day. They took her to the hospital, but even the doctors couldn't figure out what had actually happened to her. It was only after three months, that we learnt that she had been diagnosed with the final stage of cancer.

It was already too late to save her.

Taehyung's father remarried a model whom Tae reffered to as 'Step-monster'. She surely didn't look like one, but she was.

Seeing this drastic change in him scares me.

I hope he will let me in again, some day.

*-*-*

Nihao! How are you guys~
So. I'm back with another book. Please support this story too~
And if you haven't read my other stories, do check it out.
And also, as you can see.. the chapters won't be as long as they were in #HR they'll be shorter, which means there'll be more chapters~ But, as the story goes on further, the chapters will get longer.

Stay tuned and wait for me. *sings iKon's waiting for me*

Till then,

Read.Vote.Comment~

~ @IvebeenWonwooed