maps

asleep. Mikey was still asleep, and a long and pale arm accidentally wrapped lazily around Pete's torso was immovable. Pete gazed at the fingers grabbing lightly at the edge of his shirt. they tensed for a moment, and then relaxed once more. Pete wondered if he was dreaming. he absentmindedly grazed a finger over the skin lying on him and pulled it back quickly as Mikey stirred. a mumbled came from the boys mouth.

"P-Pete," he mumbled again, stuffing his face deeper into his pillow, "W-What time is it?"

Pete glanced at his clock, "9:02 am."

Mikey groaned and Pete allowed himself a little grin. "Sorry"

"I-It's okay, I-I I just can't seem t-to get back to sleep o-or whatever." He removed his arm to rub his watery eyes. Pete missed the weight of his arm on his stomach. To his delight, Mikey lied it back down gently.

There was a brief moment of silence, until Pete spoke up.

"What'd you dream about?" He placed a finger back on Mikeys.

Mikey thought for a while, looking at his hand. He shifted his gaze back up to Pete's face, "I-I dreamt about tr-travelling."

Another small smile found its way onto Pete's face. "Oh yeah? Where'd you like to go?"

Mikey sat silent again. "F-France. O-Or Canada, they s-speak French there t-too."

"Do you speak French?"

The boy shook his head, "O-Only a few words...I-I guess." He smiled up at his friend.

"Well," Pete began, "Let me show you something." He got up, somewhat reluctant to leave the comfort of Mikeys side, and reached into the top shelf of his closet. He pulled out a map and a fat red marker. A French-English dictionary followed, as well as a thin roll of tape. He spread the map out for Mikey to see.

"Circle everywhere you'd like to go. Anywhere on the world." With that, Pete handed Mikey the marker and sat back beside him.

Squeak, squeak.

The marker squeaked as thick red lines were carefully drawn onto the untouched and new map on the desk. Three places were circled. The two he mentioned, and Honolulu.

He handed the marker back with a smile. Pete exchanged a thank you.

Pete snapped four pieces of the clear tape off its roll and onto the maps edges. He placed it on his wall.

"Someday, I'm gonna take you there. All of those places and more. So, you'd better get studying." He grinned at his tall friend and placed the dictionary into his hands with care.

"P-Pete, are you s-sure you wanna g-give this to me? I-If you want it you should k-keep it."

Pete laughed, "I've never used a dictionary in my life and I don't plan to start now."

Mikey let out a giggle, "A-Alright then, I-I'll put it to good use. I-I promise." He leaned his head on Pete's shoulder.

"Thank you. It means alot." Pete rested his head on Mikeys.

-

"there is a map in my room, on the wall of my room, and I've got big, big plans."

-

After twenty more minutes of lying in bed, they two decided it was about time to start their day.