Moving Day

It was 9:01. My eyes were half open. I could hear my mom yelling for me to get up. Ugh. I rolled off the bed onto my hard floor. I got up and walked over to my sink. I grabbed my yellow toothbrush and brushed my teeth.                 
      It was moving day. I was leaving my beautiful life in Ohio to move to North Dakota. Why? My dad had gotten a new job opportunity to design tractors. I know right, How boring! I don't want to leave. I'm 14 and I have to leave all my friends, my school, and my house to move to stupid North Dakota. I went to my closet and grabbed my blue blouse and black sweatpants. Oh how much I love these sweatpants. My best friend Amanda had given them to me 2 weeks ago for my birthday. They remind me of how much I'll miss her. I got out of my closet and put on my sneakers. I put my hair in a messy bun and went downstairs.                                                                    
        My parents were sitting by the table eating breakfast with my little brother Ben. I sat down looking depressed. They asked me what's wrong. Don't they know? Don't they understand that I don't want to move? I replied, " What's wrong is that I don't want to move!" My dad looked down. "I understand Christine but this is such a great opportunity and I'm sure you'll make lots of new friends in North Dakota. Is he serious? "I don't want to make new friends! I love my friends here!" I got up and ran to the living room.                         
        I sat down and hugged my golden retriever Charlie. We sat there for a few minutes until my brother came. "Christine, Are you Okay?"
"Yeah," I replied.
"I know how you feel, I'm going to miss my friends too." He sat next to me. All our stuff was packed away in boxes except for the furniture. Each one labeled with the room it came from. I saw the boxes from my room. They were right under the boxes for the kitchen. I thought about all my stuff packed away and how I'll never be coming back home after today. I cleared my mind and walked back to my parents. They asked me if I could help loading up the car. I said yes and grabbed 2 boxes and loaded them to the trunk. Once everyone was done with breakfast they helped put the other boxes in the trunk.       
           Once we had finished it was time to start the drive. I said goodbye to the house and got in the car. My parents sat in the front and I sat in the back along with Ben and Charlie. We owned a Suburban so there was quite enough space. I guess this is it. Now is when I will be leaving my life in Ohio to live my new life in North Dakota. My parents asked, "Are you ready?"
"I replied, As ready as I'll ever be."