The House

We pulled into the gravel driveway. I examined the house through the car window. It looked very old and abandoned. There were missing bricks, chipped paint, and cracked windows. It didn't look like home at all! We got out of the car.

"Home Sweet Home",Dad says. Is he joking? "This place is terrible!," I exclaimed. "It's not that bad,Christine. All it needs is a little renovation and tender loving care." replied Dad. Is he blind? A little Renovation? It needs an overhaul! We got out of the car and proceeded to the front door.

    My dad opened the door and it nearly fell off the hinges. I gave dad a look and he just ignored me. I noticed that the moment we walked into the house I felt a cool breeze pass through the back of my neck. I ignored the feeling though thinking that it was just the wind coming through the cracked windows. As we worked are way through the house I realized that it wasn't as bad as it looked on the outside but I didn't tell my dad this because I didn't want him to say I told you so. Don't judge. You probably would have done the same.

We walked up the stairs which led to a large loft with double doors on each side.
"That ones yours, Christine.", said Dad. I walked over to the double doors and opened them. I couldn't believe my eyes...
It was humongous! There was a king size bed in the middle of the room, a vintage desk in the corner, and the highest ceilings I've ever seen! As I walked through the room I noticed two more doors on the left. One led into the master bath complete with a soaker tub, double sink, and a 4 person shower. The other door led to the closet of my dreams. It had an ottoman in the middle, a makeup table, and so much room that I didn't have enough clothes to fill it. My brother Ben was equally impressed with his room it was easily 4 times the size of his old room. It had enough space for his toys, his action figure collection, and a desk for his computer.

Things were not as bad as they seemed on the outside. As we walked downstairs Ben pointed out a torn up rope hanging from the ceiling. "Oh Don't worry that's just the rope leading to the attic", replied dad. We walked through all the other rooms on the main floor and made our way to the backyard. Although the backyard was run down it was bigger than I ever imagined. Charlie seemed to like it to. There was also some other cool things like a swing set and a treehouse.

As we walked back to the front of the house we saw that the moving truck had arrived. We began to grab boxes and bring them into the house. Once we were all finished and the moving truck left, we replaced the old couch from the house and put our own couch in the living room. As I sat with my family on the couch I thought to myself... Maybe North Dakota won't be that bad...