Chapter 4

It's been three days since Mack's death, Addy still really upset about it. Warren parks the van in front of a bar that has apartment on top.

"Out of gas, we'll make camp here for the night." Warren says. We all nod and get out the car. Warren and 10k clear out the building before the rest of us come in and we go up to the apartment. It's a small apartment with only two bedrooms. We all sit out in the living room. I sit on the couch between Addy and 10k. Doc sits on a chair next to the couch and Warren, Murphy, Cassandra, and Vasquez are sitting at a small table. They all have there own conversations while I just sit and listen. Doc looks over at me.

"Hey kid we don't know that much about ya' why don't ya' tell us about yourself." He says.

"What do you wanna know?" I ask.

"Well you said you were alone for six years before you met Addy, what about your parents what happened to them?" He asks.

"My family died when I was twelve, I was in foster care when the apocalypse started." I explained.

"Damn kid, I'm sorry to hear that."

"It was a long time ago."

"Hey Joce." Addy says.

"Yeah?" I ask looking at her.

"I never asked how your parents died."

"It's a long story."

"We got time." Murphy says.

"Do you really wanna hear." I ask. They nod.

"It's depressing." I warn.

"It's the apocalypse, isn't everything a little depressing." Warren states. I nod then start to tell them about how my family died.

"Have you guys heard about the Grave massacre six years ago? It was in news papers and stuff." I ask. They all think for a moment before shaking their heads except for addy.

"A family of four was murdered in there home, only the oldest daughter survived." Addy explained. I nodded.

"Do you know why it was called the Grave massacre?" I ask.

"Because the familys last name was Gra-." She stops mid sentence and looks me in the eyes.

"Jocelyn. Isn't your last name Grave?" She asks. I nod.

"The surviving daughter was twelve at the time, you're eighteen now, this happened six years ago." Addy says. Everyone looks at me in realization.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." Addy say hugging me. Murphy scoffs.

"Big whop." He says. Everyone glares at him.

"Murphy!" Warren shouts while hitting him.

"What?! I've been bitten eight times and you don't see me telling my sob story. So her family's dead, news splash, its the zombie apocalypse, all our families are. I've been through worse." He says. I start undoing my shoe laces of my knee high sneakers.

"The man who broke into my house and killed my family, snuck in through my bedroom window. I tried to run to get my parents and the guy broke my leg." I say sliding off the shoe then stand up with my back facing them I pull up my right pant leg to reveal a scar.

"The bone went through the back of my leg, left a pretty nasty scar." I sit back down and pull down the neck of my shirt to reveal another scar just above my heart.

"Then he took out a knife and tried to stab my heart, he just barely missed. I passed out. When I woke up he was gone and I didn't think I was out for that long so the first thing I thought was, I gotta warn my family there's someone in the house. I couldn't walk with my leg broken, so I dragged myself through my house and to my parents room. I was determined to warn them, but when I got there I realized I was too late. My dad was on the floor, stabbed thirty eight times in the chest. My mom was on the bed, thirty two times in the chest. Then I look across the room a the crib, I dragged my self over there." I say then start shaking my head.