Chapter One: Leaving Him

Disclaimer: I do not own Junjou Romantica anime/manga or the characters. Just the plot!
Author's Note: Set Between Episode 8 and 9 of Season 3! Hello fellow fans of Junjou Romantica! I am excited to begin this journey with you as I write and you read my fanfic of Misaki and his drama with Akihiko and Kyo Ijuuin.

Chapter One: Leaving Him

Misaki looked at Akihiko as he slept with his naturally gray hair falling over his blue eyes. Sitting up, he went to his bedroom across the hall and turned on the light.

The college student tried to be quiet as he stuffed his backpack full of his clothes. He didn't want to wake Akihiko because he knew if Akihiko woke up, he would never leave. He needed to leave Akihiko's apartment and live on his own...for both of their sakes.

Once all of his clothes were packed, Misaki grabbed his duffel bag and put his books and comics in there as well as his laptop and his stuffed animal-a tiger he had gotten as a gift from Takahiro as a present when he was younger.  (A/N: I am not sure if this is true or not. I just thought it would be cute of the fact Takahiro gave Misaki a stuffed tiger!)

He zipped up his bags and slipped on his tan colored coat and scarf. Tiptoeing downstairs, he took a piece of paper from Akihiko's notebook and wrote a letter to his now EX-boyfriend:

Dear Usagi-san,
I know it has come as a shock to you right now to see all my stuff as well as myself gone but I need you to know it was all for the best. I have decided to take the job offer from the company and work there. It pays well and I found an apartment close by.

I love you Akihiko but it is time I live on my own as a single bachelor. I am going to try dating other men to see if I am truly gay or not. I know by the time you have finished reading this you'll either be pissed or crying. I'm sorry to leave in the middle of the night but you would have stopped me.

I want you to promise me something though even if I am not there to see it through: Promise me you will put in all of your deadlines on time and be kind to people like Ai or your father. They don't deserve what you may be feeling right now because of me.

We will see each other again but not until you can put other people in your heart besides me. You will see me again when you no longer need me. 

Love from a man who has always cared about you, Misaki.

Misaki finished writing it down and set the pen down. He realized he was crying as he felt something wet on his cheeks. He wiped the tears from his eyes and cheeks with his sleeves. He must not cry. He must be strong.

Misaki set the spare key he had on the table on top of the letter. Taking one last look upstairs to Akihiko's bedroom, he closed the door quietly.

The cold, winter air brushed his face and Misaki stared as he saw his breathes in the night air. Clutching his bags as he tried to hold back tears, he walked down the street.

Misaki arrived at his new apartment two hours later since he had taken the long way around to think. He smiled as he had a perfect view of the building where he now worked.

Laying down on his new couch, he covered his eyes and pulled a blanket over him. Misaki closed his eyes and began to sleep.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

A week later, Misaki was at the kitchen table typing on his laptop as he ate cereal.

Looking at his watch, he saw it was 7:30 am and it was time to get ready for work. He put his laptop in his bag and zipped it close.

Getting out the kettle, he got out a box of cocoa and waited for the water to boil. When it was done, he poured the water into a foam cup and added the cocoa package then some milk.

An hour later after he had breakfast and took a shower, the alarm sounded saying it was time to go to work. Misaki went to his bedroom where he changed into a blue sweater over a white buttoned shirt, black pants, and blue sneakers.

Grabbing his laptop bag, he put it over his shoulders then grabbed his foam cup. Stuffing the keys in his bag, Misaki smiled as he turned off the lights and walked to the elevator.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Misaki arrived at work to see everyone busy as usual even though it was the morning. It was because of the fact Kyo Ijuuin was coming out with a new book and it was to be the very first "Da Man" romantic graphic novel.

Misaki set his stuff down at his little office among everyone else's. He took out his laptop and began typing away at emails and answering phone calls. It was around Lunch time when Ryuuichiro walked up to him.

"Can you please copy this for me Misaki? I need 30 of these. After, I want you to distribute them in the empty conference room at Room 239."  Ryuuichiro told Misaki as he handed him a piece of paper. Misaki nodded with a smile and walked off to the copy room.

As the machine printed out each copy, Misaki thought to himself. His mind wandered to Akihiko and what he was doing right now. He shrugged off the thought and grabbed the piles of papers.

Misaki opened the conference door and sighed as he saw the large round table. He began setting the paper down at each desk and as he was finishing a few minutes later, he heard the door open and close.

Looking up, his eyes widened to see Kyo Ijuuin standing before him wearing a suit.