Chapter 1

Mark and callie was perfect for each other. That is till August 5, 2009, the most tragic day in Callie's life.

~April 3, 2005~
Callie is talking to her best friend Meredith.
"I can't believe it's the first day of my intern year." Callie said.
"Me too." Meredith replied.
Callie is starting her surgical internship at Mercy Presbyterian hospital. Her and Meredith and three other interns were assigned to Richard webber, a second year resident. Among callie and Meredith was three other interns, Alex, Izzie, and Christina. Alex was the smart, nerdy intern. Izzie was the cautiously optimistic intern. Christina, well, Christina was the runt of the litter. She was the lazy, didn't give a crap intern. Out of the five interns, callie only associated with Meredith, and Meredith only associated with callie. You could say they were like best friends.

~48 hours later ~
      Well after their first shift at the hospital, the on call attending gets to pick the promising intern to scrub in on an appendectomy. Well once callie and Meredith found this out, they started competing with each other to see who got chosen. "
"I'm gonna beat your ass at this" callie said laughing.
"Not if I beat your ass first" replied Meredith with a grin on her face.
Well the on call attending Dr Derek Shepard gave the interns the wonderful news.
"As it seems that I'm the on call attending, and running the OR today" Derek said as he was leaning towards callie.
"Callie Torres. You will scrub in on an appendectomy at 4 this evening."   Well when he told callie she was chosen she was rubbing it in Meredith's face.

"See, I told you that I would beat your ass at this little princess" callie said while dancing in a circle.