Your Love Is My Drug - Chapter 8

Chapter 8

- Wednesday -

“So, today’s the second day of dance class; you excited?” Rachel and I were slowly making our way to the cafeteria as the third class of the day ended. I looked over at her as she smiled at me knowingly, probably expecting a certain answer.

“Of course I’m excited!” I replied, and then looked at her seriously. “Just not excited about seeing Mr. Grey.”

“Oh, that’s a shame. I thought you would be,” I heard a deep male voice say behind me. I spun round to come face to face with Mr. Grey himself.

“That... that wasn’t what I meant,” I managed to say, as Rachel watched me make a fool of myself. “I am excited to see you… well, not the kind of excited someone thinks I’m feeling.” Rachel laughed out loud, and rested her head on my shoulder. Mr. Grey raised an eyebrow and I shrugged.

“Sorry Mr. Grey. I’m in a bit of a state this morning.” Mr. Grey smiled and shook his head.

“Don’t worry about it; I bet you’re nervous for today?” I shrugged and looked away, his eyes staring right through me.

“Maybe.” Mr. Grey smiled again and put his hands in his pockets.

“See you two this afternoon then,” he said, taking a few steps back.

“Yeah, see you later,” I replied, giving him a small smile. He smiled yet again, before winking and walking away. I turned to Rachel who nudged me.

“He winked at you,” she muttered, grinning. I rolled my eyes and nudged her back.

“So? I bet he winks at all the girls.” Rachel shook her head.

“What if he doesn’t?” I shrugged.

“Then he’s weird.” Rachel chuckled and shook her head.

“Let’s get something to eat; we can fight about this some other time.”

After the break, we headed to our next class, and before we knew it, dance class was here. I rushed to my locker to grab my dance clothes, and before closing it I felt a pressure on my shoulder. It was Mr. Grey.

“I just wanted to let you know that if Alyssa’s making it difficult to dance, come tell me. I’ll see if I can fix it.” I took a deep breath and nodded.

“Thanks,” I replied, locking the door of my locker. I turned to him, my lips curled. “She’s a real handful, so I’ll probably be chasing you every five minutes-” I paused to look at him, feeling my cheeks flush bright red. “Sorry, I didn’t mean it to come out like that.”

“Doesn’t matter,” Mr. Grey replied, smiling. I sighed and hoisted my bag over my shoulder. “You better get changing; class starts very soon.” He was back to his usual bossy self, and walked off.

“Yes Mr. Grey!” I called down the hall. He turned round and smiled, giving me the thumbs up.

“What took you so long?” Rachel asked as I got to the changing room. I shook my head.

“Oh, nothing,” I replied. “I lost my keys, so I had to find them.” Rachel eyed me suspiciously, but decided against an argument, and put on her dance shoes. “Anyway, you know what we’ve got to do today?” Rachel shook her head.

“Probably what we did last class,” she replied. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

“Alyssa’s definitely going to kill the mood with her annoyingness,” I mumbled, as we walked out of the changing rooms, and down the hall. “She thinks she’s better than everyone else, and tries way too hard to impress Mr. Grey. Not that it even works.”

“My feelings exactly,” Mr. Grey said from behind us. My heart skipped a beat as I put a hand over my mouth, and Rachel was trying her best to hold in a laugh.

“I didn’t-” I started, but Mr. Grey stopped me.

“You don’t have to explain Lola, its fine,” he replied, chuckling. I nodded and turned away from him, running down the hall to the gym room. My cheeks were already bright red and my heart was pounding. I didn’t understand how he always popped up when I was saying something about him. It was as if he was following me. I decided to forget about it, and headed into the gym room, shortly followed by Rachel and Mr. Grey, who were deep in conversation.

“What were you guys talking about?” I asked when Rachel came to sit next to me. She smiled and fixed her hair.

“Nothing special,” she replied quickly, winking. I glared at her, wanting a proper answer.

“Don’t worry Lo, he wasn’t talking about you; or at least I think he wasn’t.” I looked at her questioningly, and she just shrugged.

“What do you mean by that?” I asked, but Rachel couldn’t answer because Mr. Grey had started the lesson.

“I’ll tell you later,” she mouthed.