PART FOUR

♡HOMEWRECKER♡

            The bell rings as more customers enter the shop, and my heart drops seeing who walks in. I nudge Electra, and the light in her eyes goes out. Mrs. Marks.

            “We need to leave before she sees me,” Electra whispers, steering me in front of her body like a shield.

            “Hi Marina,” comes the cold voice of Mrs. Marks.

            “Mrs. Marks,” I say, my hands beginning to shake.

            “Electra Heart,” she states, and Electra’s head pops out from behind me. I can feel her body shaking.

            “Hey,” she says calmly.

            Honestly, I’m surprised Elaine Marks hasn’t killed Electra after what she did. You see, Mr. Marks is our history teacher, and unlike most teachers he is incredibly handsome. A tall man with a muscular build, he has chocolate hair and a blinding smile. Literally every girl has a crush on him, and that would’ve been just fine for Mr. Marks except for the fact that Electra was one of those girls. The man nearly fell over the first day she walked into his classroom. Even then I knew that the story of Electra and Samuel Marks would not end well. She decided to take a note from Lolita, and played up the innocent girl image.

            Soon enough Electra was failing history, and was in need of a tutor. Naturally, Mr. Marks was the most logical man for the job. The only problem was that they didn’t study. At all. He was the second man Electra ever slept with, but in my opinion still the most infamous. The affair lasted a total of a month and a week. It ended just as quickly as it started when Mrs. Marks came home from a girls’ trip to Spain a day early and caught Electra and Samuel in bed together. When Electra described the woman’s reaction, she told me it was like an animal had taken over the body of a woman. I can’t even imagine something like that. Oh, you can’t forget about the three young Marks children who Lafina used to babysit before she left for college.

            Needless to say, Mr. Marks was fired from his position and sent to jail for rape because Electra was only just sixteen. Mrs. Marks is the type of woman who blames the mistress but remains devoted to her husband.

            “Shopping for clothes, girls?” Mrs. Marks asks like it’s a regular conversation with two average teenage girls.

            “What do you think?” Electra spits at her.

            One thing is for certain. Electra hates Mrs. Marks as much as she dislikes Electra.

            “Marina honey how is your sister doing at college?” she asks me.

            “Good. Lafina really loves the pre-med program,” I say trying to keep Electra from being a bitch to Mrs. Marks.

            “How’s Samuel?” she asks, her eyes narrowed and her heart cold.

            “How dare you?” Elaine Marks says, her eyes on fire.

            Electra pushes me out of the way so that she is face to face with Mrs. Marks. I want to diffuse the situation but there’s nothing I can do at this point.

            “I visited him,” Electra lies to her.

            “You little whore. All you’re good for is being a slut. It’s a good thing you already have a pornstar’s name,” she says, her voice full of acid.

            “You’re just upset because your husband left you for someone who’s younger, hotter, and has bigger boobs.”

            With that Electra flips her hair behind her shoulder just to further prove her point. I have to hand it to her she is really skilled in confronting people, especially people who hate her. Mrs. Marks knows she’s lost this battle, and while the anger remains in her eyes, I can see the tears forming. Before anything else can happen, I grab Electra’s arm and drag her out of the store.

“You homewrecker!” Mrs. Marks shouts after Electra, but she just rolls her eyes.