n i n e t e e n - c o r a

It's been three weeks since I moved in with my mom. Things have been going really well. After having her out of my life for so long, getting to spend more time with my mother has been almost magical. We've had to essentially get to know each other again, as I'd forgotten a lot of things in her thirteen years of absence. Not only am I becoming more comfortable with her, but I've had to get used to myself, too. In total, Jimin and I have attended three therapy sessions, and things are getting a lot better. Our fourth one is scheduled for today, and I actually find myself looking forward to it.

"Jimin's picking you up, right?" Mom asks as I clean myself up in the bathroom.

"Yeah, he should be here in a few minutes," I reply.

"Okay, are you coming home after that?"

"I don't know. Maybe, maybe not. I'll call you if I'm staying at the dorm."

"Alright." There's reluctance in her voice, but I choose to disregard it. Whether or not she likes it, I am an adult, and I can make my own decisions.

After I finish getting ready, I find myself in the living room, absentmindedly clicking through channels in an attempt to find something that will entertain me. By the time I've settled on something, though, it doesn't even matter. The phone my mother bought for me starts to ring, and I know that Jimin's outside waiting for me.

"I'm leaving, mom!" I call to her as I walk out the door. I don't hear a response before it closes, but I'm sure it's fine. Answering Jimin's call, I put the phone up to my ear to hear the cheerful voice of my boyfriend.

"Hey, what's up?" He asks brightly. "I'm outside."

"I'm on my way down now," I reply. "Be out in a minute."

I move to hang up, but Jimin protests. "Wait!" He exclaims with a chuckle. "Don't hang up!"

"Why not? I'm going to see you in a second anyway. I'm waiting for the elevator right now."

"Coooora," he pleads, dragging out my name.

"Bye, Jimin," I say, and hang up the phone.

He is an idiot, I can't help but think as I step into the newly arrived elevator. But I love him.

As I ride the elevator down to the first floor, I can feel my phone vibrating incessantly in my pocket. Rolling my eyes, I pull it out and check it, only to find that Jimin has sent me upwards of ten messages. While I scan the ones he's already sent, another round comes in.

Coooooooraaaaaaa
sent 2:46pm

Cora answer meeee
sent 2:46pm

baaaabe
sent 2:46pm

I actually raise my eyebrows at the last one. Jimin has yet to call me anything other than my name before. By the time I receive that message, though, I'm already in the lobby and making my way outside. Jogging out to Jimin's car, I realize that it's actually a bit chilly today, and I wish that I'd worn something a bit warmer. My outfit currently consists of an off-white short-sleeve shirt and blue jeans, and boots, but the weather doesn't seem to be too permitting to that kind of dress. I'm sure Jimin has something in his car, though, so I'm not too worried.

Stepping into the car, I'm met with a pouting Jimin.

"Answer you phone," he whines.

"Shut up, Jimin. We have therapy to go to."

"Actually, no we don't," Jimin says excitedly. "I got it rescheduled for Saturday. Today, we're going out."

"Where?"