Chapter 1

I saw him perform a few months ago. There was something about the way he looked on stage and the way he sang so effortlessly. His voice was so intriguing and flawless. I got to meet him that night, and he was so down to earth. He wasn't like the cocky Justin Bieber that is over rated. He seemed to be genuinely happy that we were there. After that night, I decided to join his journey of becoming famous. My best friend joined with me. We would do anything it takes to get him there.

Today it's September 25th. My best friend and just got out of school and are on our way to the concert. We've been counting down to this day for a month or two; spending hours deciding what we would wear, how we would do our makeup, and what'd we say to Grant. The day we've been waiting for finally came.

"So Madi, are you excited for this?" My best friend Sara asked. I couldn't seem to put into words what I was feeling. I'd get to see him perform in front of a lot more people than last time. We'd get to hear his actual voice instead of the music off of iTunes we have been listening to for the last two months.

"I am, but I'm nervous."

"Madi, he's going to love you. Don't worry about it! Just tell him everything."

That's the thing. I'm nervous to tell him everything. What if he laughs in my face? I don't want to set myself up for that humiliation. What if he completely ignores what I say because he sees another girl who's getting his attention?

"But Sara, what if he laughs at me?"

"Trust me, he won't laugh at you." She then smiled and winked, "he'll probably develop a crush on you!" I laughed and punched her arm playfully.

"Shut up," I laughed. "I'm just another fan. There are girls out there who are prettier, funnier, and just perfect."

She grinned at me and said, "Whatever. I bet you'll have his number by the end of the night!"

She's a dork. She keeps insisting that we will date and "run off in the sunset, happily ever after." It won't happen.