Prompt #7

Prompt: I made a Valentine's Day special for these nerds and forgot to post it here you go (also it's very short because I don't know how to do the whole romantic fluff thing)

---------------------------------------------------------

"Do I look appropriate enough to go on a date to see a movie about a guy who makes sex jokes constantly?" I asked.

"I still think you should go see something more appropriate for Valentine's Day," mom said with a sigh.

"What's more appropriate than a solid ten minutes of Deadpool getting laid?" I grabbed my wallet and tucked it into my pocket. "Bye mom, bye dad. Have fun on your boring old dinner."

"Have fun, Rio," mom said, offering me a smile.

I left the house, getting into my car and driving to Ezra's house. Ezra came out of the front door, his usual smile spread across his face.

He slid into the passenger's seat and leaned over, kissing me. "I got you a gift!"

"I don't want a gift. Go return it immediately," I said.

He pouted. "You're going to hurt my feelings if you don't take the gift. Do you want to hurt my feelings?"

"It's better than hurting your face," I said, reaching out and tracing the scar on his eyebrow.

He set a gift bag on my lap, smiling again. "Go on, open it!"

I sighed. "Fine, fine. But you're not off the hook." I reached into the backseat and tossed him the gift I'd gotten for him.

I pulled the tissue paper out of the gift bag and took out a box of my favorite candy, a Deadpool figurine, and a CD. I flipped the CD over and realized that my cheesy ass boyfriend had put some our favorite songs and some cute love songs on it.

"You're so cheesy. I'm going to nickname you Quesadilla," I said.

Ezra held up the candy and Pokémon socks I'd bought for him. "You are so cute I want to marry you right now."

"If you pull a ring pop out of your ass, we're going to have a problem," I warned him.

He laughed and hugged me tightly. "Thank you, Rio. Thank you for going to see the movie with me. Thank you for the presents. Thank you for being my boyfriend."

"I love you, Ezra," I said, tilting his head and kissing him.

I pulled away from him and opened the CD case, putting the CD in and turning the volume up. Ezra skipped through a few tracks before settling on one.

"Cheesy romance time," he said, grinning and pulling his shoes off.

"Most people take their pants off on Valentine's Day, not their shoes," I said in confusion.

He opened the socks and pulled a pair on. "You can't just give me Pokémon socks and think that I'm NOT going to put them on right this instant."

"Cause I've been trying way too long to try and be the perfect song when our hearts are heavy burdens we shouldn't have to bear alone," I sang along with the music, reaching over and holding Ezra's hand.

He smiled at me, looking happy and beautiful. "We're going to be late to the movie. Unless you want to skip it and just make out in the car while it's in my driveway."

"I'm liking that second option," I said.

He laughed and brought our hands up, kissing the back of mine. "Let's go to the movie, Rio!"

"Ez, we already saw it," I reminded, laughing.

"Well now we get to see it again!" he said. "We didn't see it together yet! I went with Lucas and you went with Mitch!"

"Okay, okay. I have gift cards so I'm buying your ticket. Sneak your candy in," I said, backing out of his driveway.

So the two of us went to the movies, sitting next to each other and holding hands. We laughed through the movie and Ezra leaned against me, letting me occasionally kiss his cheek.

When the movie was over, I drove us back to my house. We went inside and cuddled together on my bed, sharing kisses and talking and just holding each other close.

"When it gets dark we can go to the wall," I said, kissing Ezra's neck.

He smiled at me and nodded happily. "Hey, Rio, this is the first Valentine's Day I've ever had where I'm dating anyone. I'm glad it's you. I love you."

I smiled and pulled him closer to me, burying my face against his neck to hide my smile. I was glad it was him.